About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, June 11, 2018

Ninjago Birthday Party


 My son decided for his 9th birthday he would have a Ninja birthday party.  We thankfully have access to a place that has padded floors cause no one wants to do a ninja course outside in the Georgia June heat!

One of the BEST ideas I had was ordering the food on Walmart.com a week in advance.  Made a list of everything I would need - down to the bread, extra jelly, and meat trays, and made the pick up for Thursday night when I knew I would be in town for their activities.  This way I ran through the pick up slot and we didn't have to spend time inside the store, and got everything we needed and I didn't have to make an extra trip because I forgot something!

First up I made some nun-chucks and swords out of rope and pumping pipe insulator, I used athletic tape as the wraps.  Super cheap and easy to make.  I've also seen them made with pool noodles.  These are just thinner than a typical pool noodle.

For the food I scoured Pinterest.  I knew going in I didn't want to provide lunch but just snack foods (I held the party at 2 for this reason and noted on the invite that I was providing finger foods and dessert)

My son's favorite was the dessert sushi.  I bought two boxes of pre-made rice krispie treats (cut in half), an 18 ct box of fruit by the foots (typically got 5 sushi middles out of one roll), and a bag of Swedish fish (was only short 2).



 For the plates I hit dollar tree and got red, green and blue for all the ninjago ninja's and opted for the black table cloth to tie it all together.


These chip bag covers were everyone's favorites.  I found it on accident searching something else on Pinterest and I have made them several times.  Super easy!! There is a bag of chex mix inside the paper sleeve.



 
Also another Pinterest find was the Gatorade's made to look like Lego ninja's.  I found the printable on Pinterest as well.


Cake from Walmart was vanilla cake and vanilla frosting, but he also wanted a red velvet cake - but that's not pictured.



I had seen peanut butter and jelly sushi rolls a WHILE ago but this was the first time making them, I also made turkey and cheese sushi rolls.  These were a big hit!!!

 

My husband arrived earlier than us and made a GREAT  ninja course for the kids.  He worked about an hour and a half on this before we even got there, on a pulled hamstring at that!  We were there from 2-5 and they were running it over and over and over again!
 


 



He even had some obstacles outside, you can see the rope tight walk right outside the window.








This man literally thought of everything!  He was way better than I ever could have come up with!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment