About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, September 17, 2018

Homecoming Freshman Year - 2018

My daughter had her first homecoming dance this past weekend!  Her friend Jesse asked her to go with him.  He did the cute Hoco-prosal about 10 days ago (though she knew he was going to do it just not how or when).

 We had an Ohana birthday party starting at 3 so we had to get her dressed at the party.  I made sure her hair was done before we arrived.  I found a cute look on Pinterest and even though the model didn't have as much hair as my child, I think it turned out cute!
Back view.
When I knew the party and homecoming were on the same night I was really excited about a picture I could take with her and her Uncles.  The 4 underlined are daddy and the 3 main uncles in her life.  ANY of these men would drop everything and run to help any one of the 15 kids that are apart of our Ohana and I love that!
 Daddy and his baby girl.  He didn't like that she was old enough to have a "date" or going to dinner with a boy.  (though it was brothers and their dates as well!) He doesn't like to think of her as grown up enough for that.
We arrived downtown at the Riverwalk a little early (parking on a Saturday night can be nuts so I wanted to make sure I got a good parking spot that I didn't have to walk miles too!) 
There is a great mural in a parking lot that thankfully didn't have cars in it yet.  So since she is an artist I made sure to get her picture in front of it.  I LOVE this picture of her!
 The boys and their dates finally showed up and her date was so excited to point on things he thought was cool.
  One of the brothers was meeting a group so his date wasn't there.  They all look great!!!

 I sent a picture of her dress to his mom and he wanted to match Kennedie.  I thought it was so cute!


He picked out a great corsage and she loved it!!

I love this picture of the two of them.  They are great friends!
  On her way to dinner!  One of the brothers is a senior in high school so he got them to dinner and to the dance.  I had to pick up the outdoor games that my husbands unit donated to the dance so I picked her up from the dance.


I went back to the birthday party after pictures, and about 2 hours later I got this text from Kennedie.  Apparently she doesn't order steak much.  I tried to tell her to get chicken - apparently she was REALLY wanting steak like everyone else, she told me to ask dad.

I'm pretty sure she ended up with a steak even though I wasn't sure she was going to like it if they seasoned it.  And I was happy to know that she got a vegetable as a side!! WIN!

I was sent a video from a dance mom of her dancing at the dance, she has NO inhibitions when it comes to dancing in crowds.  In fact when they improve at dance she is known to just go with the flow and not hold anything back which she is admired for!  I loved seeing the video because she is in the middle of a circle and dancing and everyone is cheering and she is outgoing.  Which she is normally in a corner in her phone ignoring the world when she is a crowded social situation.  So for that I was PROUD of her.



No comments:

Post a Comment