About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

LEGOland Florida!!! Day 1


For the past 6 weeks I have been planning a secret LEGOLAND Florida trip!  We stopped telling Cale that we were going on vacations.  He will NOT stop asking how many days are left, or obsessing what we are going to do there.  So we saved ourselves our own sanity and just don't tell him.

We picked Cale up at school Friday afternoon and went to get Kennedie about 45 minutes early.  They still had no idea what was going on.  We Basically said "Get in loser, we are going on an adventure" to them.  Stopped in Ocala for dinner and drove the rest of the way into Winter Haven after dinner (about an hour and a half).  We arrived at the motel at about 10.
I made us all matching shirts to celebrate the Brick or Treat celebration at LEGOLAND! We got lots of compliments!  I loved seeing everyones group shirts, a few people had the same skeltons but they were on orange shirts and had black skeletons!

Finally on the road.  Tim drove the first part of the trip until dinner.

Still no clue!  Tim is notorious for ruining surprises.  Thankfully this time he was tight lipped!

He got bored - I told him to take a nap and we would get there quicker.  He finally gave in and dozed off!  He said it was because he was "comfy, cozy in my hoodie"


Our motel room.  Just very basic.  I wish the housekeeping staff was better than they were, but you get what you pay for.

The pool area wasn't too bad.


This was "breakfast" it was juice, cereal, yogurt and a waffle station.  Cale was good to go with the waffle station.  I ended up going to Walmart that night to get some breakfast stuff for the rest of us.

Putting on sunscreen before our first day at the park!

We paid for the $17 parking. 

We got there about 30 minutes before it opened.  So we got pretty close parking.  These solar panels made shade for the preferred parking.  I love how they use everything to their advantage while taking care of the planet.

They are very eco friendly and I loved that!

Got our bags searched and we were ready to wait in the line!

But first this great pumpkin!!!!

So excited!!!!!

Entrance to the gates.

I am so thankful that they had a bathroom outside of the gates.  I think that LEGOLAND really wants to take care of their customers!


As we were waiting in line.  We weren't that far from the beginning and they came and checked your tickets before the gates opened and stamped your hand so when it was 10am they opened the gates and checked your hand and you were in.  I loved the efficiency of it.

I LOVE all the holiday stuff.

Our plan (after reading endless blogs) was to start in the back of the park and work our way forward.  I had to make everyone stop and take a picture here!

Cale got side tracked and wanted to do the VR roller coaster.  In the lines they have areas for kids to play and keep the boredom monster away.

In line for the VR rollercoaster.

Kennedie was hesitant to do any roller coasters but she was willing to do this one with her brother.

I love my wagon, I facebook messaged LEGOLAND and asked if wagons were ok (only strollers were addressed) because I didn't want to have to carry all our stuff around the park.  Thankfully they said "yes they are totally welcome!"  LEGOLAND also lets you bring in snacks to the park (they said no full lunches) - so I filled our soft sided cooler with snacks and a few waters.

If you bring a mini figure with you the staff will trade with you.  Cale traded with almost everyone that he met!  Here he is getting a golden knight.

Brick pony - it came to life and the engine made sounds.  It was awesome!

Cale loves the Ninjago series

I mean these statues are amazing!!!! I couldn't imagine all the time and work that went into these!


Cale and L-Loyd!


On the Ninjago ride


I read that there were free water refill station around the park, but I couldn't figure out where.  I brought empty water bottles JUST for the water.  Found out it was at these "refresh and refill" places.  There were soda machines inside that had a water button on the main screen.  I also refilled our cooler bag's ice packs from the ice in the machine.  I ended up buying the refillable brick or treat cup and got free refills that day, and the next day you paid $6.99.


Kennedie finally was convinced to ride a coaster.  We sat at the exit of the ride waiting for them.

I bought a Hormel party tray and bagged it up before we left on Friday.  It looked like snacks to the employees but it was our lunch.  I'm still doing keto so I was able to eat everything but the crackers.  It was great, we found a picnic table in the shade and sat and ate and rested for about 45 minutes before the show we wanted to watch was going to open it's gates.






At the "candy coated curse"

I brought our 31 stadium blanket with us.  It is fleece on one side and nylon on the other.  When we needed to sit on the ground we used it.  We also covered the wagon with it when it had started to sprinkle.




Kids rocked out with Frankenstein and go their picture with him!!

Finally the brick or treat trail opened up for the ticket holders (season pass holders got to go in an hour earlier)

There was so much attention to detail.

I remembered to grab some cloth grocery bags for trick or treating but they offered these little bags to those that didn't bring anything.

I want everything at our house!! How cute!!

Another pumpkin patch along the trail.

They passed out full size everything!  Even if it was just candy it was a handful!!

All their creations are awesome!!



At the end of the trail they gave out clif bars, in a LEGO COFFIN!


We decided at around 4 we had had enough so we headed back to the motel.  Cale said he couldn't feel his feet anymore and wanted a ride!

Normally we have to beg this dude to go to bed.  Nope he put himself to sleep that night!

Day 2 is the waterpark!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment