About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Week before Christmas!!!

It's the last few days before Christmas!  I'm not ready for the season to be over with yet!!
Here are some of our festive outfits from this week!  We have our Ohana Christmas Party this weekend so I'll have a separate entry with that because it will be JUST as epic, if not more so!
 First up - my work Christmas party!  I went with a Santa Theme.
I always come with options!!!
 I got her cute llama Christmas leggings from Walmart the night before and she wore them to school on "ugly sweater day" Tuesday. 
 The sweater she found at Ross and said she wanted it because it was "ugly" I actually thought it was cute!  It's super warm too!  I wore it the next day! :)
At her school if you have A/B's and have less than a few absences (I think you can have up to 3 if you have an A) you are exempt from your finals.  So because she had A's and B's and PERFECT ATTENDANCE she didn't have to go to school Wednesday, Thursday or Friday!  Wednesday morning she was really excited to wake up, eat breakfast and start drawing!
That night we finally were able to get the star on top of the tree.  Daddy was gone when we decorated it (and I feel I'm missing a TON of ornaments, but I'm too exhausted to search for them at this point), but it's their tradition to put the star at the top.  He used to prop her up on his shoulder or hold her above his head and she would bend over and place it.  That obviously is becoming a problem! :P

I have a picture of Cale lighting the tree as that's his job, but he is in his underwear!
Cale had his class party today.  He got a new shirt and wanted to wear lights.
I haven't noticed this week these towers and I did on my way to work this morning.  The drop towers (where the airborne trainee's practice with their parachutes) were lit up this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment