About Me

My photo
Fort Benning, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids, and a dancer for fun! My husband Tim works the at the combatives school here on fort benning. I work for MWR at Outdoor Recreation as their admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09 - that's right they are 5 and a half years apart! Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing. Cale is well on his way to become a fighter - daddy is already working on his punching and kicking techniques! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and repurposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so i'm going to throw some of that in their too!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Tater nugget hot dish


Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery (we don't like celery so we didn't add this!)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup frozen vegetable of choice (recipe calls for green beans but i used peas and it would be good with anything so i changed it!)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 bag (16 oz) frozen tater tots

Directions:

1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In nonstick skillet, cook beef, onions and celery over meadium heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.

2.  Stir in both soups, the vegetables, garlic powder (you can omit if you season your beef as normal); spoon into ungreased 2 quart casserole.  Top with tater tots.

3.  Bake uncovered 40-50 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and tater tots are golden brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment