About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ORGANIZING your Jewlery

I don't know if you are like me at all but, I don't own alot of jewelry.  Or maybe you DO own alot and need a way to organize it all!  I have found with our new move to texas that we lost alot of storage in our bathrooms (namely drawers and counter space)  so I was forced to have to make shelving outside the bathroom work.  I have a few peices that I bought from a direct selling company Initial Outfitters - they come in GREAT organza bags so they are easy to spot what's on the inside - some of my other stuff was starting to get tangled in the plastic container I was keeping it all together in.  I remembered I just got a "grab box" from www.pickyourplum.com and it had these GREAT muslin bags in it.  LIGHT BULB!  I found my iron on printable fabric, and got to work taking pictures of what I was going to store in each bag.  I put two pictures per each 4x6 printable fabric. 

I then cut the white border off-and ironed them onto my muslin bags.

 Once it was ironed on, I went and put in all the corresponding jewlery.  Now all my jewelry is at a glace and I can pick out exactly what I want to wear and it won't be tangled!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jen - I stumbled upon your blog and check it almost daily for some more insight! if you look farther down in my blog I mention you!

    ReplyDelete