About Me

My photo
Fort Benning, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids, and a dancer for fun! My husband Tim works the at the combatives school here on fort benning. I work for MWR at Outdoor Recreation as their admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09 - that's right they are 5 and a half years apart! Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing. Cale is well on his way to become a fighter - daddy is already working on his punching and kicking techniques! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and repurposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so i'm going to throw some of that in their too!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ORGANIZING your Jewlery

I don't know if you are like me at all but, I don't own alot of jewelry.  Or maybe you DO own alot and need a way to organize it all!  I have found with our new move to texas that we lost alot of storage in our bathrooms (namely drawers and counter space)  so I was forced to have to make shelving outside the bathroom work.  I have a few peices that I bought from a direct selling company Initial Outfitters - they come in GREAT organza bags so they are easy to spot what's on the inside - some of my other stuff was starting to get tangled in the plastic container I was keeping it all together in.  I remembered I just got a "grab box" from www.pickyourplum.com and it had these GREAT muslin bags in it.  LIGHT BULB!  I found my iron on printable fabric, and got to work taking pictures of what I was going to store in each bag.  I put two pictures per each 4x6 printable fabric. 

I then cut the white border off-and ironed them onto my muslin bags.

 Once it was ironed on, I went and put in all the corresponding jewlery.  Now all my jewelry is at a glace and I can pick out exactly what I want to wear and it won't be tangled!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jen - I stumbled upon your blog and check it almost daily for some more insight! if you look farther down in my blog I mention you!

    ReplyDelete