About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Organzing on the cheap!

My son has started to move up in his life with more toys, with little pieces.  I needed a better way to organize his do dad's but he is limited on space (unlike his sister who seems to have gotten the massive room again! One day Cale I promise you will have the big room!)  So DUH!  Put some shelving in his room like I have in almost all other rooms!  This shelving is pretty inexpensive, with my military discount at Home Depot I was able to get this for under $40.  I'm sure if you got naked wood and had them cut it into shelves, sanded in painted it, it could be cheaper.  But I don't have time for all that.  Each of the Rubbermaid brand shelves are already painted and will be EASY to clean.  I don't know if you can tell in the picture but I also quickly spray painted the brackets that hold up the shelves for a little pop of color.
Boy loves his transformers.  NOW they have a place for their own.  Complete with an Autobot logo done in vinyl.  (traced an image I found on Google images)
You know how match box cars and Lego's seem to find the bottom of your feet in the middle of the night in most houses?  In our house it's these little super hero squad dudes! OUCH they hurt.  They now have a home, labeled and all!
 He was so excited they were all in one place!
 Of course I used my Cameo to print and cut this label (I saved an image I liked off Google images, added a circle to cut around it) then I laminated that circle, punched a hole with my crop-a-dile big bite, then added a grommet for stability.
 Honestly I would have stopped there for the day, but I didn't want to waste a WHOLE sheet of laminating film, so I added a few things to my daughters drawers.  Which I've been wanting to do for a while anyway.  I typed out what was in each drawer, paint bucket filled it, offset by .17, turned off the cut lines on the word so it would ONLY cut on the offset, and print and cut that bad boy!
(ok so my daughters light in her room isn't working for some reason, and maintenance hasn't come and figured out why yet, sorry for the LAME pictures on this one!)
 My fun little circle claps would work on her knobs.  I didn't have any cute ribbon near (lets face it I was being lazy and it was HOT upstairs this afternoon and the ribbon was ALL THE WAY downstairs :) ) so I improvised and used hair elastics!  Works for me!
 Cute little grommets and hair tie attachments!
 Just a close up!
 They turned out so cute I had to get a better angle in better light!

No comments:

Post a Comment