About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, February 23, 2018

Moody AFC Lodging - TLF Room


 We stayed at Moody AFB (near Valdosta, GA) Presidents Day weekend.  We don't often stay at Air Force Installations because we are Army, but this was a great resource to us for our stay because we had to wake up EARLY to go to a wrestling tournament in Valdosta Saturday morning. 

I called to reserve the room on the Monday before we left (which was 4 days later that Friday after work) and all they had available was a queen size bed room, no pull out couch but they had air mattress' that were first come first serve.  We didn't really have any other options because there was another event in town and almost all the other hotels/motels were booked up.  We arrived after we had dinner 10 minutes from the base.  She gave us the option to keep the room we reserved for $60 or upgrade to the TLF room (now I will preface that in all my 15 years as an Army wife I've never heard the term TLF, so her question was met with a blank stare! TLF is their acronym for PCS'ing family temporary quarters) for $63.  We didn't know what we were walking into other than the option of a pull out couch for the kids was now available.

So we arrive to what looks like a little apartment building, walk in and our mouths drop!  We paid $89 a night at our current duty station for MUCH SMALLER cramped quarters when we first arrived.  This place even had a dishwasher, standard size fridge, pots/pans, place settings and silverware!  We had a tiny fridge, had to provide our own cooking utensils and all that goes along and had NO table to eat at.  Excuse the disheveled nature of the room as it didn't occur to me to take pictures when it was put together!


 This is the couch/bed in the living room.

 Taken from the door the kitchen, eat in bar, real stove...

The ONLY thing that left me disappointed about this place was the lack of mirror in the bathroom.  There was on the counter a small round stand up mirror that rotated to get magnified view and I took that to the kitchen to brush my teeth and do my makeup as the bathroom was small and my husband had to take a shower.  They also had shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion also something the one we stayed at 2 years her didn't offer.

The bedroom after we woke up that morning.

The other side of the room.  In the big closet was the extra blankets/pillows that the kids used.

This was a GREAT place to stay and the next time we are in Valdosta for the tournament we will stay there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment