About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Uptown Float - Columbus, Georgia

Our anniversary is next week but because we have busy lives I decided to surprise my husband with a trip to Uptown Float in downtown Columbus.  Uptown Float is a new place here in town.  It's basically sensory deprivation, while you are floating in high salt content water.



We were told to arrive 10 minutes early.  We got there at 3:45 and he wasn't ready for us yet.  So we walked across the street to Iron Bank Coffee, and Tim got two shots of espresso and we shared a giant chocolate chip cookie. 
I told him to "look cute", such a goofball. 


This is the hall you come out of when you are finished.  The door with the light on is the place you can dry your hair, reapply your makeup, and style your hair.

This is the waiting area.  This is where I sat and waited for him to get done.  I originally was going to walk around and look at the shops downtown but it started to rain so I just sat and waited.

The front desk waiting area, where you check in.

I took this picture from their website as I didn't go back with him.  This is what the float room looks like.

In the second waiting area they had aroma therapy, soft spa like music, coffee, water and these adult coloring books.

Really comfy couches!!

So I colored while I waited!  Only so much Facebook you can browse.

 

Once he came out he came into the "get ready room".  They specifically say on their website to not bring your own hairdryer as they have super quiet ones to keep the noise down.

And they provided, lotion, hair spray, makeup remover pads, and qtips.  Also had body wash in the bathroom as well.

Overall my husband said it was super relaxing.  When you were in the room you would choose to have ambient glowing blue lights from underneath the pool, stars on the ceiling or BOTH with the push of a button.  He mentioned if he didn't have either of those on it was so dark that if he closed his eyes and opened them he couldn't tell a difference!!  The water was warm and comfortable, only about 10 inches deep.  He said he wouldn't do it monthly but that every couple of months that it would be nice, and he would totally recommend his friends to at least try it! 

So THUMBS UP to Columbus' Uptown Float. 

No comments:

Post a Comment