About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, June 8, 2018

Calendar - Family Organizer App




I absolutely LOVE this app.  I use it everyday, all day.  I can be finishing an appointment that needs a follow up appointment and put it RIGHT into my calendar standing at the appointment desk.  No more missing appointments or having to call and ask when the appointment is!
It's called the Family Organizer - this is what the icon looks like, above.  I was looking through family calendar suggestions and this one looked like it would work so I tried it and never went to look for another one! It's been just at a year or just over a year I've had this!

I'm able to download the app to my kids phones and sync theirs devices.  We have a downloaded picture in our profile and this is what it uses to tell you who's appointment/reminder it's for.



It updated this morning - so this screen shot was showing what it does on someone's birthday.  The below picture is showing what it looks like now.




These are the options you have, when you press the polka dotted heart in the left hand corner (where mine has a "1" notification on it)


I've never noticed the "upgrade to premium" feature so I clicked on it.  I noticed there were now ad's at the bottom, and that seems to be the only reason to pay the $1.99 a month was to get rid of them.  For right now they don't bother me, but only time will tell on that.

 As you can see I have SEVERAL things going on everyday of our lives!!!


When you tap the middle blue banner at the top of the screen, it pulls down a calendar view for the month.  Now this is an update I love.  Before it was just a basic calendar with the numbered days and a dot for each activity you had that day.  This will tell you, which is nice because sometimes I'm looking for something specific.



Each day has a different wall paper.

 
The plus sign in the right corner of the blue banner exposes these options: Calendar - schedule an appointment or reminder, check mark - reminder, Book - Blog/Journal, Sticky Note - it leaves a note on your daily screen (haven't figured out the benefit of it so I haven't really used it), $ - helps with a budget I believe, again I've not needed to use it.


 
So I selected the Calendar option for it to remind me to get my son's birthday cake in the morning.  I selected my picture (if I was setting a schedule reminder for one of my kids, I would have selected myself [because I'm getting them there] and their picture.), and another new feature is the color dot, I selected purple for no other reason than it was a pretty color, I entered the event name, the date and time will show up in the normal iPhone spin the wheel style.  If I'm setting something that my children are apart of  I select the "notify family" option and it will notify them on your phone that I've added something for them.





 You can even add when you want it to remind you!!!

Overall I use this app on the daily and while I don't claim to be the most organized person ever it's DEFINIETLY helped me get more organized.  I suggest it to everyone that is having an issue/needs help keeping their busy lives and their busy kid's life straight.


No comments:

Post a Comment