About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, July 20, 2018

Have you heard of Clothes Mentor?

I stumbled upon the local Clothes Mentor store a few years ago, I saw the sign and thought "hmmm I wonder what that store is" but kept on driving.  I googled it later that afternoon, forwarded the link to my friend and said "lets check it out this week!!!"  Ever since it's our go to place for shopping.  Anytime anyone of my friends comes and visits me I make them go, yeah I'm that excited about it!

Clothes Mentor is basically a high end thrift store.  Only difference is that most of the clothes are purchased from people cleaning out there closets and then re-sold.  They will ONLY purchase clothes that were sold in retail stores within the last 2 years.  All these clothes are in fashion, you won't happen upon someone's old clothes that are stained, ripped, or from earlier decades.  It's all stuff that is still in fashion NOW!  I like to sell my clothes there before I donate them.  They will give you cash for your clothes or they will give you more money if you use store credit.  I always find something in there so I always opt for the store credit.

I have an obsession with Lilly Pulitzer.  (I told you I'm a basic southern white girl!)  I don't have the bank account to cash roll full price Lilly.  Clothes Mentor has Lilly Shorts for $22-$25, normally brand new Lilly P shorts go for $69!!!!! 

Are you a purse snob?  Only like the Dooney and Burke, Coach, Louis Vuitton and Kate Spade?  Check out Clothes Mentor!!!  Seriously purses are 70% lower than what they are sold for in the stores brand new!  Half the time you can't even tell that the purse has been used!!!

They have all sorts of normally expensive designer brands for normal people's budget.  Or if you just like being frugal this is your spot!!!  Every $200 you spend you get a 20% off your purchase coupon!!! Like WHAT!!!!  YAAAASSSSS

We even scope out other Clothes Mentor's when we travel.  This is my daughter and me at the Clothes Mentor in Savannah, GA. 

My friend Lisa came to visit and she is like me, likes the look but doesn't want to pay the price.  Normally if I can get a friend in there and they purchase I have them apply their purchase to my "account", but in Lisa's case there was a local to her Clothes Mentor under construction in her area!!  So she made her own "account" and by the time her Clothes Mentor opened she already had a 20% off coupon waiting to be used!  She even found a great pair of Lilly shorts for me and mailed them to me!
Shoes!!  All but the white pair of Converse were purchased at Clothes Mentor for $18 a pair!  My white pair cost me $63 (I wear them all the time and it was my mothers day present or I wouldn't have replaced my old dingy white pair until I found a white pair at CM)  They were practically brand new (obviously in this picture the silver ones are WELL worn!!)!!!

Ya'll seriously if you have a Clothes Mentor near you, you owe it to yourself to atleast check it out!  You may not find anything your first time, give it a couple chances, you'll thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment