About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Thred-up Rescue Box

I saw a blogger I follow try a rescue box.  She tried the 50 shirts for $100.00 box I believe.  I'm not much of a gambler so I didn't want to dedicate $100.00 for a few shirts I might like.  When I was looking at the app on my phone last month I decided to look into the rescue box.  I found that there were SEVERAL varieties of boxes.  I found the "classic" box that had 10 name brands such as Ann Taylor, JCrew, Banana Republic, Loft...things in that same brand style.  It was $44 with $6 shipping.  BUT for a limited time you can use the code "RESCUE" and save the $5.99 shipping!  It came about 10 days ago and I'm trying to take pictures as I wear the items which is why it's taken me so long to blog about it.  

Three things I KNEW I wasn't into went into my "take to clothes mentor" pile, and two I wanted to keep but couldn't because of fit.  If I can't make money off of them from Clothes Mentor then they will donate them for me.
 While this dress was cute, the tie at the top wasn't me.  Had it been a straight neck I probably would have kept it.
 Close up of the fabric on the top.

 This red pencil skirt was VERY bright.  I don't think I would have ever worn this.
 It had a great texture to it though.  Just wish it wasn't so BRIGHT!
I wish I would have gotten a closer picture of the "beads".  The beads are wood looking, they clanked when you held the shirt...that would have made me crazy after wearing it for even a short time.
I originally had this in my keep pile.  I put it on that morning and realized it was way too big on me (even at a small), and was SO see through.  (enjoy my just woke up face!)

NOT PICTURED: an Ann Taylor basic black pencil skirt.  Tried it on and, yeah no that wasn't going to work!

What I kept:
 This great shirt.  The material was not quite a sweater but not quite a t shirt...it was great!
It was almost embroidered ribbon looking - totally my style.
 The shirt AND the skirt I got in the box.  I didn't have a khaki skirt - so I was excited to get it.
The long sleeve shirt is GREAT - I can wear this with colored jeggings as well. It's a great work shirt.
This JCrew skirt is also great!!  It's a wool material - but I can make it work for one last time in the spring and then it won't come out again till fall/winter.  But it's SUPER comfortable.  
 I was worried about this waist band cutting into me - but it actually lays very nice and doesn't feel uncomfortable at all!!!
 It has a great herringbone pattern.  Very neutral color (it's more of a charcoal color than this light grey it looks like in this picture)

In the end I kept 5 of the 10 things sent in the box.  The price of the box was $44 and the shipping was $5.99.  So in the end I paid $9.99 for each of the 5 pieces I kept, and I still might recoup some of that money when I try to sell 5 to clothes mentor this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment