About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Alaska Day 4

We had a packed day the day before so we planned on kinda just relaxing and not really be on any time schedule.  We had decided to go to Seward Alaska that day.  I remember Seward only being a quick hour and a half drive from Anchorage.  Well I was wrong by an hour!  It was a two and a half hour drive!! Oops!!

Most of the trip is driven right along the coast.  This part is called "Turnigan Arm" when I was younger and looking at a map - I told my dad it should be called Turnigan Elbow because it didn't look like an arm, more like an elbow.  So he called it Turnigan Elbow from then on!
A glacier in the mountain.
Our bathroom stop.  Cale didn't like how bright it was outside!


The drive is very scenic and beautiful.
We were ready to get out of the car!  We started at the Alaska Sealife Center.  This is a small "aquarium" and I don't know that it is worth the $99 we paid to get in for all four of us.















We left the Sealife center and decided to walk around (it was about 1030 when we were done with the center), and check out some of the local stores/restaurants.




Cale wanted to go into EVERY souvenir store!  But I did find some awesome Alaska PJ pants.
Only my kids would use their souvenir money for wolf claw gloves!




This is where we decided to eat lunch at.  The halibut Kennedie and me shared was DELICIOUS!  

Kennedie bought this cute beluga whale with her money.
A lot of cruise ships port in Seward.  We saw a lot of tourists milling around.  One that made me laugh was a lady walking around in snow style pants.  First their isn't any snow for another two months there and it wasn't even cold enough to wear them.
I don't know if people live in these gorgeous houses, or if they are hotels/B&B's.  But you'll see a lot of the lots we drove by that RV's were camped out and camping.
We hopped into the car and drove down to the docks, and did a little sightseeing down there.

Lots of tour companies and more gift shops, of course Cale had to visit each of them.
Looking at the boats.
But is it cold?  YES!



So the second the kids touched the hooks for the picture alarms started going off (I was snapping the picture and caught Cale coving his ears) we honestly thought we were getting in trouble for touching the hooks and they were warning us to back away.  These were alarms that ALL of Seward could hear, SO LOUD!
It ended up being this tower/emergency alert system that was right above our heads.
So loud!
Finally got my picture!  Kennedie didn't want to touch the hooks because fish are hung there and she would have to touch possible fish guts!




Stopped at a bakery.  This wasn't a cinnamon roll (insert sad face) - but it was a really good apple filled "pie".
Kennedie got a huge brownie.
Cale wanted ice cream from the store he spotted down the street.

This was on our drive home.
We had a great time in Seward - we took a LONG nap when we got back to Anchorage.  I was still so stuff from lunch/donut I don't think I ate dinner that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment