About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, August 19, 2019

Alaska Day 6 and my reunion!

We hung around town on our 6th day.  I went early to the place we always got donuts at.  Nothing can compare to a Golden Donut!!!

I was an East Anchorage Thunderbird.  I loved every minute of high school.  I'm totally one of those people that would go right back to high school if I had a chance!
Dropped Tim off at the gym and I took the kids to Point Woronzoff to try and take a re-creation picture from 2011.
But the mountain was hiding behind the clouds...sad face!  I then let the kids walk down to the "beach".
A lot of the rocks are painted so Kennedie loved looking at everything that was there and wished she has some paints to do one herself!

Its an all rock/pebble beach.  He said the water was the warmest he had felt the whole time he was in Alaska.




We tried to recreate a picture from 2011.  But the cloud cover was covering the mountain so we couldn't see it.
We did the best we could with the circumstances.  The mountain in the back is Mt. Susitna but she is referred to as Sleeping Lady.
Yup - we were killing it in high school!
My friend "big" Rob.  Fun fact about him is that a year or two ago he won a mini cooper on the Price is Right!!
My hair will not hold a curl to save my life, but my niece did a great job on my hair and make up!
Our reunion committee did a great job with getting all of this together!



My niece took my kids fishing while we were at the reunion.  They already had everything because they go fishing almost every weekend.  I was sad that I didn't get to experience this with them but I was happy they have this memory of them with their cousin.




I got my dress from Eshakti.com.  I have several dresses from them.  You can change the sleeves, neckline and hem on all their dresses.  They have several options of each to choose from!  This dress originally was floor length.  I made it cocktail - and best of all POCKETS!!

I love cheesecake and on Keto it's one of the deserts I can have.  So at dance I'm always saying "ugh I really want some cheesecake right now!" So I sent them a picture in our group text and said "GOT ME SOME CHEESECAKE!"
My friend Tammy who was on my dance team - the best part?  She is deaf!  I took ASL every year of high school and came out pretty fluent in it.  My dream job right out of high school was to be an interpreter for the deaf.  But my fear of leaving home and going to college kept me from achieving that.  It was fun trying to remember signs and talk with her.
My friend Cedric - he lives in Los Angeles and he is in the entertainment industry. He's been in several plays, movies, sitcoms...it's doing really well for himself!
The fishing pictures were rolling in all night!  They had a blast!






The photo booth they had was a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment