About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, October 22, 2018

Fort Benning Octoberfest 2018

Fort Benning held their annual Oktoberfest celebration this past weekend!  This year I worked 2 days of the event.  It's always fun interacting with the customers and seeing the smiles on their faces!  I was there early on friday afternoon before it opened, so these pictures are before the crowds started!

 The "fest" tent.  HUGE!
 Our marketing team did a wonderful job of decorating the venue!

 The stage always had someone playing on it.  We even had some authentic from Germany yodelers!
 We have a great wood working maintenance team and they made these years ago and we keep using them and have added more houses through out the years.
 We had lots of options for seating.

 Time for me to get to work.  I was the handicap shuttle driver for about 4 hours on friday night.
 Then they gave me a walkie and I was totally "in charge".

Saturday:
This is the day we decided to take our family to enjoy the festivities.  When we left the house it was just barely sprinkling.  It was full on pouring when we arrived at the venue.  My feet were soaked by the time we got home!!

 Tim stayed inside the fest tent most of the time we were there, holding down our seats and listening to the music.
The kids doing the chicken dance.

  This was inside the Uchee Creek activity center.  The children's area was set up inside.  Everything that is inside here and just outside was FREE!  Games, arts and crafts, petting zoo, "pumpkin patch", they even had a candy apple making station.
 Cale coloring a bag provided by the Library.
 Games, face painting, wacky hair station, arts and crafts, and temporary tattoos are shown here.
 Cute picture opportunity.
 Outside we had a "pumpkin patch", corn maze, carnival games and petting zoo.


 More seating and food vendors.
 Cale wearing a cute hat from one of the vendors.
 Even though it had rained earlier it was still packed!!

 Because there is no A/C in Tim's retirement present he didn't get to drive it a lot this summer.  So he wanted to break it out of the garage Saturday.
 Kennedie enjoying the ride.

Sunday:
 Not many pictures this day because I was tasked to be a beer server.  This was my first time serving Alcohol and I actually enjoyed it!
As we were taking down all the displays I decided to take one last picture!!

If you are ever in the Fort Benning area this is a great festival to visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment