About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween 2018

I hope everyone had a great Halloween this year!!  Ours was fantastic!!!

At work we were encouraged to dress up, and we had a dessert party at lunch time.  I made sugar cookies that were supposed to have bat shaped sprinkles on them, but they looked more like bow-ties so I just did regular Halloween sprinkles on the rest of them.   
The back of my hair, it was a cute look I thought!
  Bought this shirt for $16 at rosegal in September.  It was so cute!! I loved my bat costume!
My kids were inkling/octoling from the video game Splatoon this year.  It was a pretty inexpensive costume to make most of the stuff they wore they already had at home.
 Kennedie was an inkling and Cale was an Octoling
 She knew most people wouldn't know what she was (and usually that's what she goes for, she is VERY creative with her costumes every year, one year she was a garden flamingo)
 Her paint back (blaster pack) and her roller.
 Cale with his "dually's"
 His blaster pack, and dually's - I attached the paint blasters with fish tank air tubing.
 Met our friends on post for trick or treating (we can't trick or treat in our town because everyone is so spread out and not everyone hands out candy because of it).
 Several people had their teal pumpkins out.  Even if they didn't have a teal pumpkin out ALOT of people had non candy options.  One family gave out toys, water bottles...I was like DANG!
 They trick or treated for about an hour and then they were done, we walked about 2.5 miles (well they ran between houses) and they were exhausted.  I only remembered to take ONE picture of our crew trick or treating...ooops!  
What is great about trick or treating on post is that most people don't even shut their doors between 6-8 or they sit at the end of their walkway and pass out candy.  Living in the country down a dirt road no one knows is there unless we tell them, it sucks because I LOVED passing out the candy to the little kids the 14 years we lived in post housing.  The parents of our Ohana decided next year we were going to sit with lawn chairs and candy near the activity center of this housing area and pass out candy as our kids trick or treat.
We learned our lesson one year about bringing the wagon.  First year our Ohana did trick or treating together we ALL were thirsty, we were carrying costume parts, candy bags were getting heavy.  Every year after that I grab a bunch of waters and extra grocery bags for a candy dump in the middle of trick or treating, and we set off.  My kids take the same buckets every year (Kennedie's is 14 years old!!!) and those plastic pumpkins are full to the brim after an hour of trick or treating and SO heavy!

I look forward to Halloween every year because I enjoy creating my kids costumes from the ideas they come up with.  Kennedie has her own tradition of picking her costume for the next Halloween on Halloween night and she sticks with it every year.  Next year we are going Bendy and the ink machine.
While I love Halloween, I LOVE Christmas more - so of course the first chance I got this was playing in the car!!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment