About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, March 22, 2019

First Dance Competition of the Season!!!

We traveled to Statesboro, GA for our first competition of the season!
 Picked her up from school early as we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us!  I wanted to see SOME of the little soloists we had competing Friday afternoon/night.
 This was playing at the start of our drive.  Thought it was totally appropriate.

We arrived at the venue around 5:30 had dinner and got to our hotel around 9:30 that night.
I went to the hotel I had reserved 2 weeks prior and found I had a slight problem.  I screenshot the reservation but NEVER scrolled down to the bottom of the page to submit it.  So I had NO reservation that night.  I asked if they had ANY rooms available and he said no, but under the circumstances he would offer me for that night only the "in case of emergency room", it was smoking but at that point I didn't think I had a choice.  I paid for the room and went to the room.

This is what I found when I ENTERED the room.
 I put her dance duffel on that chair in the corner of this picture and saw a shoe box in the corner.  I thought "well this is an out of the way spot maybe housekeeping just missed it".
 Going further into the room I notice what appears to be a slept on bed, the pillow case is stained with what looks like dark makeup, one of the pillows is flat and almost pushed under the headboard.
 This towel was originally ON the second bed.
 This towel was wet and IN the bathroom behind the toilet.
 This was hanging on the back of the bathroom door.
 Trash never taken out....

 I don't know if it's clean and just stained or dirty and needs a washing.
 Not sure what this was....

At this point I'm getting the heebey jeebies and I know  I can't stay in this room and get ANY sleep, wondering if something was crawling on me.  We packed the car back up and went to the front desk 20 minutes after we checked in.  Showed him the pictures, he was apologetic and said he hadn't gone behind housekeeping to make sure that room was clean.  I got a refund.

While we were cleaning up the room I hopped on travelocity and booked another room for the two nights we needed.  Thankfully Red Roof Inn had some availability.
 We instantly were relieved when we walked in.
  Kennedie with her wet hair was AMAZED there was a "cubicle" desk in the room.

 There was a big tub, couch and coffee table, a dining room table and two big chairs.
 I slept like POOP that night.  I found out early in our competition lives that I normally sleep bad when competition is the next day and so I started bringing a sleep aid.  TOTALLY forgot one and I paid dearly for it the next day, so 5:45 came WAY to early that next morning.
 Kennedie in her "IT" hip hop costume.
 She is a proud Washitonian - their production number this is year is based on Miss America.

 The girl loves Sushi and thankfully this venue brought in an outside vendor that has sushi and teriyaki chicken bowls.  Normally these things are priced SO HIGH but these were actually affordable - and we didn't have to leave the venue! Win Win!
 Awards after production went.
 Proud of this girl!
 Saturday night we stayed and watched some of the small groups and junior/teen soloists.  This girl PASSED OUT for 4 hours.
 She competed her jazz/musical theater piece on Sunday.
 This isn't her favorite costume as it's full sequin and is itchy! 
I love seeing how we have changed from year to year!  Mine is huge as i'm 35 lbs lighter!!! 
On our way down friday I saw about an hour and a half from our house was a Freddy's Steakburger.  We LOVED this place in Texas and I hadn't seen one in GA so we stopped on Sunday on our way home and ate dinner.  WE LOVE their fry sauce so I bought several bottles to bring home!

No comments:

Post a Comment