About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, May 10, 2019

Fort Benning Youth Sportsman's Day

Last weekend I took Cale to Fort Benning's Youth Sportsman's Day.  This was his second year going and he had a blast.  Last year dad took him but dad was out of town so I got to experience it with him.

 We got there about 945 and on his list of "to do's first" the bow and arrow was at the top.  Because of his baseball game last year he missed doing some of the events because of the lines.
 Kennedie wasn't into participating but she had to come because he had a baseball game (again cutting his time at YSD short), and a birthday party after the game.  Yeah it was a BUSY Saturday!
 First in line and he was excited!
 First shot and you can see it hit the ribs.
 I love his little tongue sticking out.
 Pew!
 Then we watched the Army Marksmanship Unit Demonstration.
 At the end they shot at two shaving cream cans, we all got a little on us.

 After the rifle demonstration we scurried to the opening of the rifle, pistols and BB guns - so he was the first one to get to shoot.
 He made sure I took lots of pictures and videos for daddy.
 He was so proud of himself!  He got 3 in the brain, and two in the neck.
 The BB gun didn't look ANYTHING like his BB gun.  He was excited it had a scope on it.
 He begged the guy to let him load it.
 and then we realized he put it in upside down.  They were having a hard time getting it out - so he held up the entire line of shooters waiting for it to be fixed...oops!

 One in the head and 3 in the body.
 Next tomahawks.
After he did these 4 he wanted to do the paintball activity but the line was long and if we waited for it then we would have been late to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment