About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Independence Day Celebration - Fort Benning 2019


I worked our annual Independence Day Celebration last weekend.  I always have a blast even though it's an exhausting day!

I got these great Magellan brand shorts from Academy, they are really light and dry real quick!  I also found these great Sketchers sandals on amazon.  I have been trying to find a good price on a pair of Chaco's but I couldn't find a pair I liked at a price I was willing to pay.  These are GREAT sandals.  I wore them from 9am to 11pm Saturday and my feet didn't hurt at all the next morning.  My quads were another story!!
Early in the morning while the stage was still being set up.
 
 My morning shift from 9-2 was helping set up the Freedom Club tent. 
By 1245 I'd already walked 3 miles!
At 2 I transitioned to helping the food and beverage manager as a "backstage ice runner".  My job was to make sure each of the three artist's rooms had ice and they didn't need anything.
I changed into my event shirt and away I went!
I bought this runners belt for like $16 bucks on amazon.  It had two zippered pouches.  I kept my phone, debit and ID card and my tokens for food in it.  This is also how I counted my steps with my phone sitting right on my lower back.
Two of Lady Antebellum's tour buses!!!
Me and my trusty cart doing our every 30 minutes lap!
It's 4pm and we are ready to kick off Independence Day 2019!!! 'merica





330 and up to 5 miles!
Seriously my feet were DIRTY after walking around in that grass all day!  But comfortable shoes!!!!
Corn is usually not allowed on my diet but I LOVE this vendor's roasted corn.  I figured I had already walked 5 miles at that point so I totally YOLO'd.
Ohana stopped by and came and saw me inside where I was working.  The older girl was complaining that her feet hurt and she had blisters.  Asked her if she was wearing socks and of course not because that wouldn't be cute with those shoes!  I had brought a pair of sneakers should I need to change out of my sketchers and a pair of my favorite no shoe socks.  I went and gave her my socks and all was right in her world!
The trainee's meeting Bailey Bryan, one of our artists for the night.

LADY ANTEBELLUM!!!!!

Just like last year I had an awesome view!!!

One of the dancers was also at the concert so we snagged a picture together.  She was on one side of the fence and me on the other.

My view for most of the concert.
Fort Benning doesn't mess around with fireworks.  We put on a 25 minute show!!!

Y'all TEN FREAKIN miles I walked on saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment