About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, August 12, 2019

Alaska Day 3

This was by far our most PACKED day of activities!

We started off at Peggy's Café!  One of the oldest cafe's in Anchorage!

Kennedie tried for grits again, this time they were really soupy!
We dropped my mom off and headed for hiking at Thunder Bird Falls.
Again we were the first one's there!  The mechanics were working on the pay booth so we got to hike/park for free!

We forgot to bring bug spray! So she covered up as much as she could.  Mosquito's absolutely LOVE her.

River was so far down!



These mosquito's were attacking Tim REALLY bad!!  He had his ways of avoiding them!  He was cracking me up!
Made it to the falls!

Ok before you judge me - the entire place was covered.


Took another trail down to the falls.  Of course these guys had to test the water!






She looked SO suspicious with her glasses and hood on!!!





Then we drove 20 minutes up the road - to the U-Pick farm that I went to every summer.  I have awesome memories with the kids I grew up with there.  When we got there these zucchini's were already picked and just waiting for someone to buy.  Look how BIG those are compared to Cale.

Picking some broccoli.






He always hates to see the vegetable - not sure why it bugs him so!?
Tim looking for radishes!



We found this little burger stand on the way.
The weather was AMAZING!
I had a chicken sandwich.

He said his burger was DELICIOUS!
Then we stopped at Knik (Ka-nick) River.
The water is so clear!
I mean are you surprised?!
People were camping right on the water!





He went a different way through because the bottom of his pants got wet the first time through.  Now he was completely soaked!  Yeah that cold water doesn't feel like the springs he is used to!



Cale had to take off his pants to get in the car because he was so wet!

We just chilled out for the rest of the night and ate dinner at my mom's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment