About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, August 9, 2019

Alaska Day 2

Day 2!  We decided to take the kids and my great niece to the Zoo.  What we realized through this whole trip - we are early birds.  We like getting to places when they open, usually that means we wait in line - but this trip it meant we did stuff in an area by ourselves so it was nice.  We were the only ones in the zoo for a good hour!

Time change caused him to not go to bed early - so he was always passed out on the couch in the morning instead of in the bed with his sister.  This was the funniest way we found him sleeping the entire trip!
Mountains on the way to the Zoo.
Got there right when they opened!!
It was a little chilly this morning.  I originally had shorts on but when outside to get in the car and immediately turned back around and changed!




Oh man this exhibit STUNK!
Again with Cale and the Moose's.


We happened to visit the Zoo on "International Tiger Day"
He was squawking when we first got to him - it was really cool!

On our way out I found a spot of sunshine and was basking in it!  It felt so good on a crisp morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment