About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

mobile craft table

So it's not secret that in military housing you sometimes  have to get creative with space.  Since I've had my cricut now OVER a year, and I'm literally on it practically every day, it's been camped out in our dining room where I can craft and see the kids in the living room playing and watching tv.  Well till about a month ago it's been an eye sore, as it's been just a plain grey plastic 4 ft table, with tubs underneath it and in that green hutch you see used to hold all my paper and other machines.  I work for MWR and we have a property sale about every three months - which simply means property that company doesn't need anymore and they are selling it at TERRIFIC prices.  Now that I have a table on wheels I'm able to roll it into the laundry room and close the door.  Here is what it looks like when we are having a party....
 ....and here is my table in all it's glory!  Isn't it great?
 You can tell I spray painted it (and you all know if you can't spray paint it it's not worth having) and left the inside because I don't care what the inside looks like because I'm the only one that has to look at it.  I got this peice for $20!!!!!!  It even has a table that extends out that i probably won't ever use but I've got it if i need it.  Now the green hutch can hold appliances that I don't use all the time but surely don't want to get rid of!


No comments:

Post a Comment