About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

reusable snack bags

This is a really easy sewing project.  Even a beginner to make this happen!
 Here are two edges that you can have.  I have a serger and I use that bad boy every chance I can.  I had a defective one (which i returned and got a better one!) so I was able to test out two different ways to make this!  You can serge that velcro right to the top of the bag without needing to hem it or you can zig zag stitch it and zig zag up the sides!  Basically just fold it in half and sew up the sides!  This fabric I used it called PUL (polyurethane) I bought it at joanns in the Baby Boutique section - it is marketed to be used as reusable diaper covers.  If you can find this you can also use oil cloth.

 Just showing you it's waterproof!
 Here is my 2 year old eating some craisins out of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment