About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Organizational Repurposing

So it's not big secret that military families move and move often!  We have been fortunate to not have to move but every 4 years so far.  Well our impending move is creeping up on us.  It's time to purge and organize.  I stumped upon this blog (that post inparticular!) a day or so ago, and well she made me feel like a slob! :) 

So I decided to take action.  First I cleaned out my craft cutter table and got rid of ALOT of junk and stuff that I just don't use anymore, (I have a friend that just got her Silhouette Cameo so I'm gifting those things to her!) and then I went to town on my laundry room.  Got rid of excess couponed free stuff that I won't use for a LONG  time because I have so much.  (already got rid of 20 boxes of kleenex to my daughters teacher, boy was she EXCITED).  While I was cleaning off the top shelf in the laundry room I came across a jewlery organizer my mom bought for me when I was like 12 or 13.  LIGHT BULB!  I decided my cleaning supplies weren't cute how they were hanging on the wall.  Though they got used more because they were readily available, I'm tired of being depressed when I walk in the laundry room, which is alot since that is how I get too and from my car!

 MUCH cuter right?
 The organization countinued to my upstairs hall closet.  I went and purchased 2 sets of "shoe box" sized tubs from target (5 for $4.79 - on sale right now) and started purging.  I forgot to take a TRUE before picture as I had already started going through my kids games on the bottom before I realized.  Between this closet, under my bathroom sinks, bathroom drawers, my kids bathroom sinks and cabinet, I ended up with 2.5 bags of trash, and 1 BIG rubbermaid tub full of donateable stuff!!! YUCK!! But it feels so much better!

Master bathroom under sink
 master bath under sink
 Master bath drawers - organized into sections clips, fun hair ties, basic ties
 The BEFORE of my kids bathroom.  This was mid cleaning! The cabinet was practically FULL of boxes and somewhat organized, I just purged stuff we aren't going to need or haven't used.
 WOW!
I hope this has inpried other people!  If you aren't using it get rid of it!  It's less to clean up in the end!  Re-purpose where you can.  I'll show you in another post how I organized my daughters headbands!  I already had the stuff lying around the house I bet you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment