About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SAVE THE KNEES! (making kids jeans last longer)

Lets be real folks.  Kids go through jeans like nobody's business.  I can buy my daughter a new pair of jeans at the beginning of school and she can already have week knees by end of December.  I don't know about you but with my daughters shape the only brand of jeans that fit her are the Justice brand.  Those can get pretty pricey even at the 40% off sale they have frequently, especially if you have to replace them every 6 months.  I like to buy them a bit bigger so she can wear them a little longer - but when she is blowing out knees left and right it's makes it hard.  
So recently I bought her a pair at Justice in the clearance section (WOOHOO SCORE!) they fit her well and were a bit big in the waist so they could be worn a little longer!  So she got home yesterday from school and I noticed the below picture was happening to her knees.  It's possible that I bought them that way and they were styled to do that but I didn't notice, but surely couldn't have happened in one wear...(or could it????)  So I took action!  I added (the above picture) knee patches to the knees so it would protect the knee area and make it stronger....WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS 2 YEARS AGO WHEN THIS BECAME A PROBLEM!  I will continue to "SAVE THE KNEES!" with every pair of pants I buy her from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment