About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Redneck water balloons

I made these guys about 2 years ago after seeing an article in Family Fun magazine.  It is made out of 3 sponges (the cheap ones are GREAT for this)  just cut in 1 in lengths (you get 5 out of one sponge - you need 15 "fingers" all together)  once you have them cut up you lay them down 5 at a time (in whatever order you want) stacking them up 3 high - you can either tie with a peice of string (which this one shows - or what we found works better (after one peice of string didn't withstand the torture it was being put under) a covered hair elastic! 
 My son loves these. 
 They work great in the water and actually get you pretty wet when they hit you!  Let them dry completely before you put them away until their next use!

No comments:

Post a Comment