About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

DIY stair stepping shelf

I started a tradition of making my children special birthday hats.  Until yesterday they hadn't been displayed in our new Texas home because I just don't have enough wall space like I did in Georgia.
 I made this GREAT display peice so you can see them all.  I got a $2.44 2x4 from home depot and you get 2 free cuts when you purchase it, so I had them cut it in 3 equal parts. It ended up being the perfect size...phew! 
 
I got some wood glue while I was there, once I got home, I glued two peices one on top of the other and waited about 2 hours for it to dry.  Then I glued the second peice right next to the bottom peice. They are pretty sturdy actually.  Primed and painted it to match (spray paint but of course!)
 I think it turned out to be a really cute and functional peice!  I might have to make another one just a BIT smaller to go on one of the shelves I display my turtle collection in, so you can see the turtles in the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment