About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Masquerade Dance Competitions Nationals - Fort Walton Beach, FL 2017


Masquerade Dance Nationals 2017

We left our house at 6am Georgia Time.  It takes 3 and a half hours to get to Fort Walton Beach from our house.  Ready to start our day with our morning Spark!

When we arrived at 830 Florida time we went straight to the venue to watch our team compete their small group numbers.  Man was it hot!  I made us shirts for the occasion that I wish I would have gotten a picture of us in!  They had a picture of a manatee and said "save the chubby mermaids".
I got this great collapsible wagon for my birthday - it came in super handy!
 
When I got there I was able to get a spot up front to the left of the stage.  I got a chair from the end of our row (which if you had sat there you would have not seen much of the stage) and propped my feet up.  I have degenerative disc disease so sitting with my feet not propped would have reeked havoc on my back and I would have been worthless that evening.
  
After we ended the day at the venue - we headed to our motel and changed and packed for the beach.  We got there around 5 and left at about 7 and headed to a grocery store to get some snacks and breakfast/lunch/dinner foods to eat in our motel room. There was NO ONE at the beach while we were there so it was super nice! 
My daughter doesn't go far without some sort of art supply.  She brought her easel, some paints, brushes and a canvas with her.  She set up at the beach and had this nice little seagull pose for her.
 
She is a very talented artist.
 
Day 2! 
It was her turn to dance this day!  Here she is ready for her first number!  We were fortunate that we got our own dressing room.  So our girls got to spread out and some room to move and get comfortable, because there is always lots of WAITING!

Musical Theater "On Broadway" - Musical Theater is one of her favorite genre's.
 
This is production she was a mechanical doll.  It was a great piece!  A vintage circus theme!
 

Her jazz piece was a compilation of songs from "Little Mix".  This one was my favorite dance!





Day 3!
"Little Mix" made it to the finals!  We thought we would get a full day at the beach but they lucked out and had to compete on Friday as well!  We were so proud of our Alpha Team!!!  We did a little tourist shopping before we had to be at the venue at 11.  We tried to get to the venue as early as we were allowed because we wanted decent seats and we knew that there would be a horrible line!





So proud of my baby girl!!  Thankfully we were able to get the same exact seats we had been in days prior.  It was awesome to be right upfront with all my dance mom pals supporting our girls!



I picked this one of her team because it was blurry!  Wanted to make sure I respected their privacy.  This team really pulled through and made the rest of their team as a whole proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment