About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, April 27, 2018

Latest Stitch Fix box


Stitch Fix

I always ask my stylist to put in 5 work appropriate shirts.  I feel that's the best value for me.  I also put that I would like to spend no more than $200 with the discount.  Normally it's really close. These five after the deduction of my styling fee, discount and tax I paid $232.00.  Stitch fix usually knocks it out of the park with my choices and I normally keep all 5 shirts.  This time I waivered on two shirts but sending them back would have been more expensive, because I would have lost the discount for keeping all 5.  I'm glad that I tried on one that I was iffy about, because it ended up being one of my favorites!!  I forgot to take a picture of the navy and white tank they sent me, trust me it was CUTE!  Next time I wear it (which I'm sure will be soon!) I'll update the blog.

I love stitch fix because the quality of clothes. While I normally wouldn't spend that much money on a shirt, I enjoy that I didn't have to go search and I get the discount.  But because of the expense I only get a box every 3-4 months.

This was my favorite shirt. I LOVE the scallop edges on the sleeve opening!!  It's a very soft cotton shirt.



When I pulled this one out of the box I didn't think it would fit.  Just holding it up it looked huge.  It ended up being PERFECT.  You can't tell in the picture but the background of the shirt is black or VERY dark navy, it's hard to tell.  I loved the color and the floral pattern.


I won't lie, I pulled this out of the box (this was the most expensive shirt out of the box at $84) I didn't like it.  I thought the peplum would hit me in a weird place and not flatter my tummy area.  The fabric is very soft and flowy though.  I'm so glad that I tried it on because I ended up LOVING IT.   It had a high/low seam. I loved when I walked it kinda just flowed and bounced around.



Hard to see the high/low because of where I chose to place my hands. but you can kinda see it.  And yes my white Maurice's jeggings are a tad big on me, I should have worn a belt that day! :)

 

This was my least favorite shirt and also the second most expensive at $68, but taking it out and sending it back would have cost me more money after the discount for keeping all five wasn't available.  So I ended up keeping it.  While I love the color, the fabric they chose and the lace on the sleeves, I DON'T like the center part with the buttons.  I wish it was just a simple V-neck and flat front.



Sorry for the chest shot but I wanted you to be able to really see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment