About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Friday, April 20, 2018

Nadine West - Review

I was reading a favorite blog of mine The Frugal Girl, and she was reviewing her first Nadine West subscription box.  It's like Stitch Fix but cheaper.  I LOVE Stitch Fix but I don't always like the price.  The quality of Stitch Fix clothing is wonderful and sometimes makes the price worth it, but because of the expense I don't get frequent boxes.  Maybe every 3-4 months. 

I paid just shy under $10 for the shipping of this box.  Stitch Fix charges a $20 styling fee and Nadine West charges $10 for their shipping fee.  Both are deducted from your total on anything you choose to purchase.

I normally wear the same jewelry every day, diamond hoop earrings my husband purchased for me 8 years ago, and my wedding ring.  I didn't like that I couldn't tell them I didn't want jewelry.  In every package they send you 4 things (as opposed to Stitch Fix's 5, and I can tell them "I want 5 work appropriate shirts in this next box." and that is what they send.) a shirt, pants, bracelet and earrings/necklace.


I like this bracelet, it reminds me of the ends of a spoon set my family had growing up.  But I just won't wear it so I'm sending it back. ($16.99)


The necklace looks cute but I couldn't get it untangled enough to get a good look at it.  But again because I don't wanna waste money on something I won't wear it's going back. ($24.99)


I knew the moment I took this shirt out of the package it was not going to fit me at all.  I put that I wore a small down in the profile but even if I put a medium down it would have been tighter than I liked.  I had my 14 year old daughter try it on, and the pants and shirt fit her perfectly.  So I guess she got a new outfit! ($27.48-shirt/$22.49-pants) (excuse the crazy hair, she just got done with dance practice)


I love the detail in the pants I wish they would have fit me, but I'm glad that she got a new outfit. 


I knew what I was getting when I got the shipment notification, so thinking it would fit I was excited because it looked cute.  Overall Nadine West was spot on with the items they picked as had they fit me, I would have worn them, totally my style.  (other than the jewelry, but that's not their fault).  I will order from them again in my size and see if it's worth switching from Stitch Fix.  Stitch Fix quality is definitely better but if you don't want to pay as much and want some quality Nadine West is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment