About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Spartan Kids Race 2018

My work was putting on the Spartan Race in conjunction with the Best Ranger Competition last weekend.  I found out they had a kid race, I signed my son up for the 1 mile for the 8 year olds.  This was his first time and he LOVED IT! 

I had NO experience with doing the Spartan Race so I went into this blind. 

We got there and I kept seeing emails, signs and people saying "bring up the barcode at the registration table" but NO WHERE could I find the dang bar code.  Got to the registration table for the kids event (there was two separate tents for the kids) and told them "I'm sorry this is my first time, can you tell me how to find the bar code on my phone?"  She said "No problem I can actually look you up in the computer."  Got him signed in, I signed a waiver and he got his headband, our matching numbered wristbands and his shirt.


This event was HUGE tons of vendors, a few food vendors, apparel...


We walked the area for a while because we had about 45 minutes before his heat. 

 I dressed him in clothes that I didn't care if they got dirty and I had to throw them away (which is what I did, he took them off and I threw them away, including the shoes - which were on their last legs anyway)











He was so cute in his little headband. But he hated wearing it and it was hot.






When you sign your child in they give you two wrist bands.  They will not release your child at the end of the race (they are corralled at the end of the race with someone acting as gate keeper) until they match your bracelets.




At the beginning of the race they hop this barrier and then they count down.



Not sure why this picture is blurry, but that is him there all bare chested because he wanted to be more "Spartan" and go shirtless. 




At the end of the race they give them water, klif bars and a banana.





He was so proud of himself!!!


3 days after the event I got an email with the link to the pictures.  Because he had a different headband that most of the kids, his number wasn't pulling anything up.  They have a great facial recognition software and I uploaded a picture of him from earlier that morning, it pulled a BUNCH of great pictures of him.




This is my absolute favorite one they got and I'm going to have it printed out and put in his room.

What I wish I would have known going in:
Bring a camping chair
Sunscreen
Wagon to hold all our things
Cooler with water and a few snacks (even though he ate breakfast before we left we had to leave earlier to drop off his sister at dance, so he got hungry)


Overall he had a GREAT time and we will definitely do it again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment