About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Washington State Vacation Day 8 (Last Day)

On Day 8, our last day in Washington, we had driven into Moses Lake the night before and then driven the rest of the way into Seattle the morning of the 3rd.  But first I had to stop at my favorite store on the way.  Thorp's has my favorite fruit logs and I haven't had them in YEARS.






We stopped for a snack and saw an outlet mall that had a Maurice's in it (our local one closed down last year so I made the family go stop for that store), as I was backing out of the parking lot I saw a glimpse of the Nintendo logo - drove toward it and it was some sort of Nintendo Plant.  Not sure exactly what it was but the kids were excited!!


 We arrived into Seattle about 11am and went straight into downtown.  I thought coming into Seattle on a Tuesday morning would mean less crowds, but what I forgot to factor in, is that it was the day before a holiday. 
 Coming into Seattle.  These houses are just stacked one on top of another!!
 Finally found a parking lot. Just as we walked to the market!!!


 Tim's favorite place to stop is the Pikes Place Brewery.
 In the four years we lived there I had NO idea there was a gum wall.  We went to the market quiet often too!!  You'd be surprised what the maps app can bring up!



 We combined all the gum into one piece.

 Our contribution to the Gum Wall!! 
 So much gum!!!!!
 This is the famous flying fish guys.  Growing up in Alaska I'm always surprised by the prices.

 I always loved buying flowers and wished that I would have been able to get some flowers to go home with me!
 She stopped and looked at all the art that was there.  We did buy her some from a local artist that did some AWESOME whale prints.
Outside the first ever Starbucks store.  There was a huge line so we just took a picture with the sign. 

 Talk about a calf and thigh burner!

 SPACE NEEDLE!!!  This is what Kennedie was most looking forward too.  We were planning on going up, but when we arrived at 2 the line was SO LONG and we would have to wait in line for 2 hours and we didn't have that kind of time.
 So we went into the gift shop got some things and went outside and took pictures with it.
 And I had a cute little photobomber!
 I also had no idea there was a troll under a bridge!  So we had to stop and find it.



 We came back from the Space Needle to go toward the water for dinner.  Our favorite seafood restaurant is called "Elliot's Oyster Bar".  And because I'm a proud Alaskan I had to take a picture of the street it's on.

 While I'm actually surprised they had a "Kennedy" at all - she will never be able to find one with her spelling.  Sorry girl!

 Eating dinner at Elliot's!!
 After Elliot's we headed to the airport to return the rental van and check our bags.
 She did NOT want to share her shoulder! :)
 She is typically not a daddy's girl so when they do this it makes my heart melt!
I got up for a leg stretch and saw this.  So cute!

We had so much fun on our vacation and I hope my kids have the memories from it to last a lifetime!  We love exploring our country and seeing just what makes America "Merica!".

No comments:

Post a Comment