About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Washington State Vacation Day 5 and 6

Day 5 and 6


Saturday was an overcast day - so while the grandparents did some yard work (and yes I offered to help), I read a book, Cale helped Grandma pick raspberries, and then they watched TV and played with some stuff they brought with them.


Then it was time for the reunion.  I can't remember why he didn't get to go to his 10 year reunion, so some of these people he hasn't seen since right after high school.
 In my "basic southern white girl" uniform.  I love this top and I love when I get a chance to wear it!
 Outside about to go in! We never got a full length picture together :( .
 He had a graduating class of 36.  18 of the 36 showed up, I thought that was awesome!  Most of them live locally and a few of us have left.
At first I was the awkward spouse that didn't know anyone, but the girls of his class were so gracious and made sure to remember to include me!  I hope my classmates do the same for my husband next year at MY 20 year class reunion.
Sunday morning we said goodbye to grandma and grandpa, and drive an hour and half into Ione (pronounced I-own) which is the actual town the high school is located in.  It's a very small no stop light town.
 Main street.
 We cracked up because this place used to be a popular restaurant in Ione.  There are pot shops all over Washington, almost one for every Starbucks!
 Our motel was actually in Metaline Falls.  We were spitting distance from the Canadian border.  Had planned on atleast crossing the border to let the kids say "I went into Canada on vacation" but it didn't happen.
This movie theather used to be the place to go for the town, I overheard that someone bought it and plans on opening it back up. 


We stayed at the Circle Motel in Metaline Falls.  When we were at the reunion we told his classmates we planned on coming into Ione and were staying in Metaline Falls and they told him that he actually went to school with the owner!  So when we checked in it was a nice surprise!
We were just in the most beautiful place!!


 Some of his classmates that lived in the Ione/Metaline Falls area came over to our motel that night - and we had a bon fire.  Some of them brought their kids and it was great for our kids to finally have someone to play with/hang out with. 
We tried to go to gardner caves but we missed the tour and couldn't wait for the next one 2 hours later.  I know my family hates when I make them get out of the car and do this but, I couldn't resist having a picture with this background!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment