About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Blue Springs Recreational Area - Marianna Florida

Thankful to a dance mom that I have known for a good 10 years that clued us in on this little hidden gem!  Marianna is her hometown and when she found out we were at the Caverns she told us to go and explore this place if we had time!  She totally turned around our disappointment of the caverns swimming hole! We are forever grateful for her.  What's funny is both of the swimming holes my family loves are called "Blue Springs".

 This is the entrance to Blue Springs.  Once you pull in you come upon a little gazebo with a cash register and a group of teenage workers.  We ALWAYS ask if there is Military Discount, thankfully this state park lets in Military personnel in for FREE!!! Even though it was a cheap $4 per person and we were happy to pay that price, you can't beat free!  We told all our military friends when we got back because we loved this park so much!!!
 When we first entered we thought parking might be an issue with the trailer.  But once we got further in we realized there was a TON of parking in the back lot that would allow the truck and trailer to be parked under a tree with enough space to back out and for people to get around us if need be. We found an empty shelter with several picnic tables and set up shop with the cooler, chairs, Mason on the dog lead and our wagon to pull all the stuff!
 I walked down after getting everything set up to take some pictures.  They have a bunch of these great picnic tables with roof's which would be great for a small family (I don't know that if we got all our Ohana to come that this would fit us, maybe all our food but not for all of us to sit at!) and you would be right next to the water if you had small children that needed to be supervised.
 This place is HUGE!  There is a ton of stuff for varying abilities to have fun.  There was snorkelers, paddle boaters, diving board, slide, a beach with sand, playground, and just floating.

 Dad and Cale by the beach portion/wading pool.
 Picture with part of the beach.
 Where Kennedie and myself were parked at.  I opened my book I downloaded on the Overdrive app available through our local library and settled in.  We should have brought our gallon bug spray with us to spray the concrete because there was a TON of ants.  They ended up getting into Mason's food.  We tethered him to a spot where he could access food and water, shade, and a place for a bathroom break.
 Some great concrete picnic tables, and off in the distance you can see the truck and trailer.
 My view!  It was beautiful!!
 This park is just beautiful!!!
 Boys came back for a snack and a drink.

 Cale loved the slide.
 Oh these boys!

 Cale on his boogie board.  We keep these in the camper just for this occasion, I think this is the first time this season that he has used it.  This was after his jump from the diving board.
Another pictures of the slide and the picnic tables with roofs.  That one at the end looks shaded enough our big Ohana could make it work.  We can not WAIT to go back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment