About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I'm trying the Keto thing....

So a fellow dance mom was saying she started the Keto diet and had lost a good amount of weight on it.  So while it took me about 5 months to rid myself of 22 lbs the weight that steroid injections in my back, made me gain - I had gained back about 10 with poor eating habits.  So I did what any girl in my position would do.  I Pinterested it, and research it!

Looked "easy" enough - a lot of the foods on the 'can have' list was mostly stuff I liked eating (I'm a HUGE picky eater so a lot of diets don't work for me because it's a lot of stuff I just won't eat!)

I'm in the middle of my 4th week and I'm averaging about a loss of 2 pounds a week.  That first week was the TOUGHEST I was so hungry all the time, and because I can't have normal sprite of course I craved it!! Normally there isn't donuts, cakes and cupcakes at work but of course the week I chose to start there was donuts, cakes AND cupcakes 3 days out of the 5 day work week!!  But I was resilient and didn't have a week moment!!  I have lost a total of 6 pounds so far.

My day goes like this:
7am I have my morning spark (which thankfully is Keto friendly)
10am I have my breakfast which usually is two eggs and bacon
12pm I eat my lunch - usually a meat of some type and a vegetable
2pm afternoon snack
500 (ish) pm dinner.

After dinner I do not eat anymore, only water.  I fast until my 10am breakfast.

I ONLY drink water, and let me tell you how much I love my sprite!!  I love fruit, pasta and bread and all the yummy carbohydrates.  So to not have ANY in almost 4 weeks is a HUGE victory for me!

 These are my favorite snack and they replace the need for chips in a meal.  We call them "cheese chips" in our house.  I take presliced cheese and cut them three ways and make 9 pieces per slice of cheese.  Bake them at 375 for 8 minutes (on parchment paper).  I let them cool on the parchment paper and put them in a bowl and keep them in the fridge.

 10am breakfast time!! 2 eggs (either scrambled or sunny side up) with bacon.  (I cut up one package of bacon at a time so I can just grab some and cook it in the morning.)
Lunch this day was tuna (with miracle whip, mustard and pickles) and cheese chips.  This is one of my favorite lunches.  Bento Boxes are from Tupperware!  Totally worth the buy!
 Lunch on this day was eggroll skillet.  Ground beef, browned and then adding a package of bagged coleslaw mix, near the end I added soy sauce and sesame seed oil.  When we ate it we added some "yum yum" sauce to it.  SO DELICIOUS!  It makes a lot too.  Had my husband not had seconds he would have had enough to have lunch the next day too.  This was all that was left for my lunch!

 
I saw this on Instagram and thought my husband would TOTALLY dig it for his lunch.  I bought all the ingredients and will make those this week for him!

When we went camping last weekend I thought it was going to be hard to maintain my Ketosis (which you can check that you ARE in active Ketosis by purchases "Ketone urinalysis" sticks at Walmart in the Diabetic testing section for under $7.)  But I did enough pre-planning and prep work that it was no problem at all.  But when it came to the campfire I wanted to be snacking so bad!!  But I kept to my water!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment