About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Labor Day 2018!


 We had grandious plans for Labor Day 2018.  A month ago I made a reservation at Tyndall AFB in Panama City Beach Florida to stay for three nights.  Days before our trip the weather didn't look good at all.  So against my better judgment we called and forfeited $25 to Tyndall by cancelling and heading down to our old faithful Blue Springs State Park in Alabama.  It was a bad judgment call because my friends that continued with their plans were sending me pictures of the beautiful (yet there were some grey clouds) weather at the beach.  I am making my husband take me to the dang beach this month, and I don't care how much it costs!

We have never really shut off our fridge/freezer so that when we need it it's ready.  During our last quick trip I noticed some ice in the freezer.  Forgot to empty it out and shut it off when we got home, so I opened the door and put some towels in to soak up the water - but it wasn't melting fast enough.  Got my hair dryer out and started pic axing the ice, took me about 30 minutes but I finally got everything free!


 This was the weather on PCB...
 This was the point in which we switched our plans.  I love my wagon I can fill it up in the house and pull it outside and empty it into the camper without having to make multiple trips.  As you can see my car parked right in front of the camper as the groceries I bought didn't even come into the house, they got loaded right out of the back of my car into the camper.  I ordered everything the day before and picked up the night before at Walmart with the pick up service.  I love it because I can keep adding stuff to the cart and send it when I know I have everything.

 Cale gets off the bus at 3pm, he didn't know until that morning that we were even doing anything that weekend (#heaskshowmanydays #getsannoying), until Friday morning.  So he came tearing down the driveway excited! He and dad picked up some of the brush that had blown into our yard and we used it as firewood. 
 Finally Kennedie was off the bus an hour later and we headed out!  P.S. days before my husbands truck a/c blower went out.  So until we got going good on the highway it was windows down for air.
 
  Our normal trusty site 20 was already taken (and I was totally sad about it!), so we found one level and close and set up. 
 Kennedie REALLY wanted to be the one that got the fire going.
And she did! Finally able to relax.
  AND THEN Tim noticed this rotting out tree (I took this picture the next day which is why you see stuff still set up there).  It made him VERY nervous, so we packed everything back up and moved down to site 22 from site 16.  We got everything into site 22 and it started to rain, OF COURSE it's just our dang luck for not going to the beach!  So we stabilized the jacks and put the kids and dog inside while we hooked up the water/electricity. 
Now Mason knows he isn't allowed on the furniture in the house, so why he thought jumping on the kids bed was a good idea, I'm not sure.  My guess was because Cale was moving around too much on the floor for his liking and he decided to get out of the way.
 After we made him get down he was sulking on his pillow.
It sprinkled most of the night so no more campfire at the new site.  So we hooked up the TV/DVD player and had dessert and went to bed.
 Everyone piled in mom and dad's bed for the movie!
 The next day was great weather.  Brought lunch and grilled at the park!
 I normally don't get in the blue springs because it's so flippin cold.  But my husband BEGGED for a family picture so I got in just for that, and ran right back out!!
 YA'LL IT'S FREEZING!  That's as far as I would go in too!
 We were done around 3ish and came back to the camp site and got a fire going.  He's sitting way over there because as the sun was setting it was starting to shine through the trees ON him and he was hot he said.  So he moved behind a tree!
 
  Forgot to get a picture of Cale with his BB gun but Tim played with it while Cale was playing with some new friends at the playground.
 Set up the TV/DVD player outside and watched a movie with popcorn and smores.
 Hard to see Cales head but him watching the movie.  He thought the outdoor movie was the best thing ever!
 Woke up the next morning and went back to the water.  Kennedie is filling up the dogs water bowl.  Kennedie and me decided to go explore the town of Ozark about 30 minutes away. 
 When we came back we picked up the boys and went back to the camper.  We were going to do another outdoor movie (as we bought two new ones from Walmart while we were out), but decided it was hot enough to watch one inside and when it got cooler we would plug it up outside again.  Well cooler came in the form of a downpour.  We stayed in the trailer the rest of the night. 
 Next morning I was a little stir crazy from being inside all afternoon/night so I took my book outside and started to read as they ate breakfast.



 Mason was thankful to be outside too!
 Packed the trailer up and tried to go dump the tanks but there was 4 trailers in line.  Told Tim we would dump later.  Went to the springs with trailer all hooked up.

I started reading my book again.  Noticed that the three big trailers that were in front of the dump line were leaving together (must have been traveling together) so I told Tim I would take Kennedie and go sit in the line to dump and he and Cale could soak up the last bit of water time. 

This time we were third in line.  Took us about 30-45 minutes before it was our turn.  Their trailers had bigger tanks so ours was quicker once we finally got up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment