About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thanksgiving Weekend 2018

We had a great weekend celebrating Thanksgiving and the start of the Christmas season!!  We didn't get to celebrate in person with daddy - but he was with army family in Colorado with one of the other dads of our Ohana.  Somehow that made it easier to get through a holiday without him because I knew he was with family.  Though in the grand scheme of things he has been with us ALOT of holidays lately, and in most army families sometimes it's not a big deal to miss a holiday every once in a while - we are fortunate to get our soldiers for ANY holiday.
 My ladies!  Incase anyone was wondering I'm the "Rose" of the group! :P
 Our Ohana minus two of the daddies, but we facetimed with them during our dinner while they were at their dinner in Colorado!  There is two extra families.  20 kids total!  They out number us!
 After dinner it was time to go home and break out the Christmas clothes for Black Friday shopping!  I got this hat last year on clearance and he was so excited to try it on!
 I got to break out my Christmas lularoes!!!  I LOVE THESE ONES!!
 The tradition in our family is that you have to be middle school to be able to go Black Friday shopping, AND you must wear your Christmas finest!  I had enough LLR leggings for all 5 of us, I'm not even ashamed!  I never got a full picture of our group!
 Cousins!  This is where Kennedie says "are we done after this store!?"
 The moms went back out at 6am Friday morning and the kids slept in.  We came home around 10 after hitting a couple stores and made breakfast tacos.  After a quick nap and the "Christmas Chronicles" movie on Netflix I started the Christmas cookies.  We let them cut out two cookies a piece and then I got the rest done, and in the oven.  Once they were cooled Dusty and her daughter made the royal icing.
 I know our 6 kids well, they will fight over what cookies they are decorating and it ruins the fun!  So I didn't let them choose we mostly had 5 of each so it was pretty easy and they didn't complain when they realized I picked for them.  I put the sprinkles in bowls and we let them go to town!
 






 There was two extra cookies so Dusty and myself got to decorate one.  Royal icing is no joke, I normally work with buttercream so I used a little too much - oops!
 Everyone hard at work!


 Kennedie's cookies.
 Cale's plus my candy cane cookie.
 Saturday morning we laid around until about 11 when we packed up to run some errands and then went to see the Grinch.  On our way to the movies this guy facetimed us! (yes I'm in a parking lot talking not on the road!)
 I got to wear my new LLR shirt to the movies!  I got it from a going out of business sale for less than $10!!!  I love it!  We are at the Grinch waiting for the movie to start!
Also on Friday afternoon my new Christmas Tom's came in!  I wore them Saturday!  They are even glow in the dark!!  Today we are getting all the Christmas Decorations out of the shed and hopefully getting our tree up!  The star at the top will have to wait for daddy to come home.  Him and Kennedie always put it at the top!  (I have a picture of it every year!)


No comments:

Post a Comment