About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, December 3, 2018

First Wrestling Tournament of the Season!!

It was our first wrestling tournament of the season in Gainesville last Saturday.  It was great for our team but unfortunately Cale let some kids get in his head and he couldn't pull out a win.

 We actually left the house at 345 (intent was to leave at 4, but once I got up and got dressed and got all the stuff that I couldn't put in the car the night before, it was quicker than I anticipated.)  GPS Said it would take about 3 hours to get there, but there was NO traffic being as it was so early, I got there about 30 minutes early.  Typically if it's over a 2 hour drive we drive up the night before.  But because Daddy is gone I can't leave the 14 year old at home by herself overnight.  I turned her phone volume up and made sure her alarm was on.  Thankfully she is responsible and got up when she needed to be for her ride to dance to get her.
 We have put some MILES on my flex.  It's a 2010 bought in 2011 with 24,000 miles on it.  I currently am sitting at 210,000 miles!  It's been a reliable car, and we have only had to put about $2000 in work in it so far.  Now I don't count tires in that as it's wear and tear but since they are lo-pro's they get changed OFTEN!  Any way - my passenger light will pop on and off as I'm driving.  Now I have no idea how long I was driving without both headlights on, as there was street lights on over head.  It wasn't until I was on this stretch of road that I realized I wasn't seeing as far with my lights as I should.  I turned my fog lights off and I was completely dark.  We were going to the same wrestling tournament as our mechanic so I knew he was awake and on the road ahead of us, I called him and let him know what was going on and he said he had basic tools in the car and would take a look at it once we got the boys weighed in.
In the mean time I messed with the switch in the dashboard, flipped them on and off and they both popped back on.  So he knows what the problem is and he said it's an easy fix.  Phew!
 After I got them back on!  Look how much of the road I was missing when no other cars were around!  Add on top of that I'm night blind with no depth perception.  YIKES!
 We got into the venue and got him weighed in at 69.0 (registered for 70), did his skin check and I was able to let him eat his breakfast.  They were having technical difficulties, and he had a BYE in his first round, so he had a while to wait so he was watching Netflix downloads.
 Ready to warm up with his team!  We love the new singlets they have this year!
 They had Mike Krauss run the warm up.  It was cool to see all the different wrestlers come together and do a warm up together.
 My wrestling mom buddies!
 Cale and Mrs. Horne (no he doesn't have a skin infection - he has a BAD chapped lip that he keeps licking!) Mrs. Horne was his daycare provider when he started at the daycare center when he was 6 weeks old till he was 3 and we left for Texas.  They have an amazing bond, she was SO EXCITED when we found out we were coming back to Georgia!  She adopted two boys (that have been in her foster care for 2 or 3 years) and they started wrestling this year so she will get to see Cale wrestle in his tournaments too!  She's a god send to us!
 We knew bad storms were coming through the area.  It was raining on the inside of the door, and it was puddling right where we were sitting.
 Cale and Boi cheering on a teammate!
 I didn't get a picture of the three cousins - but here is Cale and Boi again.
 Waiting for his first match.
 Cousins really care about each other.  He was angry he lost his first match and she went over to talk to him and cheer him up.
I just don't understand people.  I was sitting there and she comes up and stands RIGHT in front of me. Ugh, thankfully my kid wasn't wrestling.
 This is the my favorite picture of the tournament.  He was praying before his second match.  I'm framing this and putting a "wrestlers prayer" with it.
 Ugh the pain of a loss.  It's life lessons though.  He let the other kid get in his head and it messed with him. He should have easily beaten him. 
 On to another day, we will get it next time.  You win some, you lose some.
Look how big our team got this year!!! 
Where we were 1 year ago vs this year.  Same venue same tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment