About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Chattanooga - Labor Day Weekend

We are trying to squeeze every bit of fum out of this summer!  And we aren't even done yet!!!

We always have a blast when we go to Chattanooga.  We arrived around 2pm on Saturday, so we went to dinner.
On our way back to the house that night I spotted this tent sale!!!
Sunday we woke up and went to the Chattanooga Market.  This place is AWESOME!

This was when it first opened up, it was already pretty packed.

This shirt cracked me up!
There is a small-ish seating area - we stalked around waiting for someone to get up and then pounced on the open table!

Each weekend has a theme, and this weekend was food trucks!
Tim found a leather stand and got himself a new belt and a new wallet.  He paid $49 for both of them and I didn't think that was bad deal!
There is just the funnest stuff there.  I guess there is a rule that if you have a table you have to have had created that product.  You can't have your direct selling company there, everything was handmade.


It even went outside the arena!
Kennedie found a guy that had anime art and she was star struck.  She chose to buy this painting for $20 (it has UV paint in it that glows under black light)
These cookies were pretty cool.  She gives you a brush with your purchase and all you need to do it dip in water and paint on the cookie!  So while we sat down to eat lunch at Naked River Brewing he was painting.








Finally left lunch - we always have fun just chatting with our family.  I made them pull over and stop at the Lilly/Vineyard Vines tent!  I ended up getting a LP dress and a VV long sleeve shirt.  Tim actually got two shirts as well - I think they were billabong brand.  Everything we got was $142 and that's less than my dress was worth full price!


Of course Cale had to go back in to the pool and this time he convinced dad to get in with him.
and oops!  Dad broke the floaty!
The way to Cale's heart?  Through a Waffle House waffle.  At this Waffle house my husband was wearing a shirt that said Coach Tim Farris, well when we walked in they mentioned it and apparently the General Manager of that Waffle House in Tennessee was also named Tim Farris.  We got a big laugh out of the coincidence!
We are always sad to leave but we know we are in for a fun weekend when we come back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment