About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Memorial Day Weekend 2020

Typically we go to Blue Springs every holiday weekend, it's not crowded and we don't have to have advanced notice to camp there.  There phone had been off the hook every time I tried to call and make sure we are good to go to come.  (Usually an older lady answers the phone and says "come on down we'll find space for you!" and it's never an issue).  I emailed because of the phone issue and the guy that replied said they were all full.  HMMM.  So I started to look at other places to go.  Obviously everything was booked because it was a holiday weekend - and everyone is mostly out of quarantine and looking for something to do.  I looked at the Eufaula area because it's close to Clio where Blue Springs is located.  Thankfully the first campground I called said they had just had two cancellations and we could take one!  I got the trailer ready to go in about an hour and only needed to stop at Walmart for a couple things we were out of once we got there.

As I was getting everything set up Cale was taking advantage of the cool A/C since it was starting to get REALLY hot.
On my way out the door I just grabbed keys (we keep the trailer keys in the laundry room with the She-Shed and work shed key chains.)  I saw purple keys and just grabbed them.  It wasn't until the boys were going to go to the campgrounds pool and us girls were going to Walmart to pick up the couple things we needed food wise - did I realize I grabbed the wrong keys! UGG!  
Boys came back from the pool and rinsed off in the shower and I started making dinner.  This is the first time I've brought the air fryer in the camper.  We don't have a lot of counter space and it takes up quite a bit.
We love air fryer pizza's.  Walmart has mini flat bread style pizza rounds in a three pack (near wear all the pizza sauce and pepperoni's are) and you just add your toppings and "fry" for 5-7 minutes.
Perfectly crisp every time!
Dad fell asleep early and Cale and me were watching the new movies we got (I love the $3-$5 moving section at Walmart) and then we heard a big clap of thunder....it rained for a while.  Thankfully we didn't pack the back of the truck with our swim bag like we had planned - everything would have been soaked!
I don't know why he was meditating.
We got up early ate breakfast and get ready to drive the 30 minutes into Blue springs to get our normal picnic table and grill.
This was at our campground.  We were 3 spots away from the Chattahoochee River.


Stopped at Walmart again (can't remember what I forgot from the trip the day before...) while Tim got some gas.  This day was our anniversary.  So I got him his favorites and said "happy anniversary!" when I got back in the truck.
Got a picture before everyone filled up the springs!
We were the only ones there for a good 45 minutes!

I was trying to take a picture of the picnic area and Cale photobombed and I crack up every time I see Tim's face because he wasn't in a bad mood but this picture doesn't make it look like that's the case!

Cale was razzing someone about weight gain
 I said: I don't think you have any room to talk Mr. Seven pounds. 
him: I'm not in wrestling season 7 lbs is not my problem right now 
me: imma going to tell Coach Steve you said that.
Somehow Kennedie and me always get stuck with blowing up the floaties!
Roasted corn from the grill is SO GOOD!
I love just being outside and reading!
One of Tim's fighters didn't have anything to do and had always wanted to see the Blue Springs we always talk about.

Monday morning we decided to just hang out at the campground.  Kids got into the pool and they were there mostly by themselves!
It's sad that this is becoming the new normal.
It was not a bad size pool.
Bathrooms and bathhouse.
This is where you check in and they tell you where your spot is.  Most of the sites are pull throughs which is nice.
I was SO CLOSE to finishing my book by the time we packed up and left.

There was such a nice breeze and it wasn't overly hot.  It was just a great day to sit out and hang outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment