About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Marianna Florida

We did 3 back to back camping trips.  Week 1 was our typical Blue Springs (which the boys went days before us girls), weekend 2 was back to Marianna Florida.  We went to Marianna 2 years ago on a whim and found great caverns and a second blue springs recreation area!  We stayed at a different campground than 2 years ago.  The ONLY draw back I found of this campground was it was just a field with sections for pulling in campers.  Not many trees so not much shade for the trailer which means the A/C was on over drive and didn't get a chance to rest - it felt like it was constantly running!
Tim found a gold dollar coin right a we parked!
This is the office right when you first pull in.  We got to the campground around 2pm Florida time so we just hung out at the camper, got in the pool, then we went to eat dinner at "The Wharf" (which was DELICIOUS by the way), and finished off with some frozen yogurt.
We got up bright and early Saturday morning to try and get to the springs as early as possible.  When we got there I believe we were like 5th in line to get in.  We set up at a pavilion that wasn't reserved for the day.
I was a little upset I didn't bring another book or even realize how close I was to finishing my new Debbie Maccomber book.  I finished it within an hour of being there.
I found a great deal on a Lilly swimsuit at TJMaxx and was so excited to finally wear it!
This was a great book.  A little different from the typical romance novel she writes but it was still great!
The boys loved this slide!

Sunday morning we asked the  campground if we could have a couple hours extra after check out time and they were more than gracious!  We didn't have to leave until 2 pm!  We went ahead and rented kayaks from them (first come first serve) and went exploring on the property.  Merritt Pond was on the property and it was GORGEOUS!  

Because it was Sunday morning most people weren't out on the water (we saw maybe one or two boaters and a sprinkle of kayakers).  We almost had the whole place to ourselves.

I mean ya'll the water was crystal clear!  I couldn't believe it!





We found a dock that wasn't attached to a house and stopped.  The boys got in the water and snorkeled for a bit.

Ya'll know I don't typically get in the cold water but this water wasn't cold and it was clear had there been a way to get into the kayak easily I would have gotten in the water too!  










There were two tree stumps in the water that Tim realized he could use to get back into his kayak.
He found another downed tree stump that he could hop on to get back in on our way back so he got into the water again.





This is when I realized I hadn't taken ANY pictures of the campground.  It was hit by a hurricane 18 months ago so they are still rebuilding a bit.  The swimming pool was right across from our campsite.
There was also a small dog park.
Next to the pool was the activity center, laundry room and bathrooms with showers.

They have a small café attached to the gas station that is right in front of the campground.  We walked over to it Saturday night and ate dinner.
 I wish I had gotten more pictures of the campground, the service and people that run it are amazing!  We will definitely be back Marianna is only 2 hours from our house and it's quickly becoming a favorite of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment