About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Georgia State ES/MS Duals

This past weekend we had our first experience with a dual tournament.  We had the Georgia Elementary/Middle School Duals.

 We have to weigh in as a team for duals.  If your entire team is not there you have to wait.  Cale shared the 70lb spot with another teammate.  Both had never been to a dual and we didn't know how Cale was going to do.  So we thought it best for the team to have him share.

After we got all weighed in - we started warmup.  I've NEVER forgotten anything Cale needs for a tournament.  Never once forgotten shoes, headgear, warm up jacket/shorts, socks...This time, THIS TIME I forgot socks.  Normally it wouldn't have been an issue we usually have a couple pairs of socks in my car.  But we brought Tim's truck this time.  I was going to head to a place to buy socks but thankfully Ohana was there and they had a back up pair!  Phew!  My husband looked at me like "really? socks?" All I'm saying is that I'm glad it wasn't something that I couldn't easily get at 7 in the morning!  I'm glad it was JUST his socks!  
 I went to grab Cale breakfast real quick and grabbed the pillow from the car the kids used during the drive.  I came back from the bathroom and Tim had already stolen it!
 Second round Cale had his turn.



 WE GOT OUR FIRST WIN! FINALLY!!! He has worked so hard over break and the last 3 weeks he didn't have a tournament.  He finally turned his season around!!!
 Working on some stuff before his next match.
 He was supposed to have 2-3 matches (5 shared with his teammate) - but they built the brackets wrong and they couldn't go back in after the fact and change anything.  So once they realized what had happened and were trying to hand write brackets it was too late most people left, because they were told they were done (admittedly confused because we should have had at least one more round of duals with another set of teams....)
We are proud Team Georgia Wrestlers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment