About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

My husbands 40th #merica birthday party!

My Ohana loves a good theme party!  The last two times my husband has had a birthday party the theme was Redneck Games (he wanted to make it an annual thing - but moving after the 2nd year right after (like two days after) made that hard for the 3rd year.).  This year he decided to go with #merica!  
His actual birthday is the first few days of January so we celebrated with Pizza and cake on his actual birthday and then celebrated in a big way on Saturday!
 This was at dinner on his actual birthday.
 Not 40 candles but we made due! :)
 These two guys flew in friday morning to surprise Tim for his birthday.  We have known them and their wives for 17 years!  They were stationed together in Alaska all at the same time for each of their first duty stations. They all married Alaska girls.  We are spread out across 3 different states but we get together as often as we can.  (they are who we vacationed with in Cancun a year ago!)
 We got his outfit from Amazon.  I LOVED it.  I love that at Christmas he can wear great pants and reuse it!!
 
 My little family!  It was so warm on Saturday.  70 degrees!!!
 Ya'll his shoes were the best!  I said if you are going to wear a hipster suit, you have to have boat shoes with it!
 We held the party at a brewery about an hour from our house.  You pay by the ounce.  They give you a card that you can either pre-load with money (which is what we did and everyone just shared two cards to get what they wanted) or you can open a tab.  This way you aren't paying for beer you may not like. So you pay for a little test and then decide what you actually want based on that sip.
 The facility is really nice, they had wifi which was a plus for our kids.
 West Point is a cute little town.
 What the beer dispenser looked like.
 
 Our friends started showing up and of course they started "lei'ing" him.  This one was so pretty!!!
 
  Kids playing the switch.


 My ladies and me.  I'm telling you, we don't back down or shy away from a theme!
 We hired Korey Rose to play.

  All the guys.  Tim's dad was wearing the same outfit because the first outfit we bought was WAY too small for Tim, so his dad wore it.  He didn't take us seriously about the theme.

 My Ohana!!! Love them!
 This is the outside the the brewery.  The kids played out here alot, thankfully it was gated on both sides so we didn't have to worry too much.

 At the end of the night, kids were playing go fish.
This picture was from when he was opening presents.  I'm not sure what was said or what was being opened but the sheer joy on my husbands face just warms my heart.  He had such a blast and our friends are just the best to have come out and celebrated his 40 years on this earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment