About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Thred Up Goody Box Review

 I decided to try a Thred Up Goody Box.  It was a $10 deposit for a box of 8-10 things.  Per the instructions in the email I got I started favoriting a lot of clothing in their app. This helps them figure out what to send you.
So excited to open and see my goodies!!!

 The paper inside that shows how much everything is.  It also lets you know how to return.  If you keep $75 they give you $10 off your next order.  I'm posting the retail price with the price Thred Up has it listed for.  I haven't gone and done ANY research to see if the retail price is correct.
 Already loved what I saw when I opened the box, and it was just the top!!

 First thing already had a price tag on it!  It was brand spanking new!!!
 First up this Lily Pulitzer sweater!!  I really wanted to keep this.  It was a thin sweater and very soft - but it was $28.99 (retails for $143) and what little spring we get is right around the corner and then we are thrown into summer!
I also have on this GREAT navy skirt.  It is Crown and Ivy brand (I've seen this at Belk and I'm not sure if it's a Belk Store brand or not but I've never seen it any where else.  It's like a working girls Lily Pulitzer.  I can have the Lily look without the price tag!)  I have several Crown and Ivy pieces! 
 It was a sateen fabric with a great ribbed detail, WITH POCKETS!!!  I totally kept this (and wore it to work Monday!) $9.99 (retails $36)
  
I kept the sweater on the try on these Crown and Ivy shorts.  I love the pattern and they fit great.  Kept: $11.99 (retail $36)
 Another Crown and Ivy item is this sweater (also with original price tag).  I put it on and fell in love!  Kept this!  $6.99 (retails $13 - which it was marked as clearance on the tag for $13.99 I believe FULL retail price was around $30-40)
 This is why favoriting items is important.  I favorited all the Lily P stuff I had my eyes on.  I have a bunch of shorts "hearted" in the app.  These white eyelet with scallop edge was one of them (see picture above for entire short picture).  Tried them on and they fit PERFECT!  Kept these: $18.99 (retail $71) (I usually spend $22-$25 for LP shorts at Clothes Mentor so these were a great price for me!
 I was on the fence about this dress.  I LOVED it and it fit, but the straps aren't adjustable.  I tried to untie and re-tie but they are sewn at the knot.  BUT the straps can come off completely.  I ended up keeping this NEW WITH TAGS dress by Market and Spruce (Stitch Fix sends this brand A LOT!) $20.99 (retail $71)
 Great embroidery down the sleeves.
 This dress was just ok.   The fabric was soft and sturdy (wouldn't blow around in the wind), but it was too short to wear to work.  It nailed me on the scallop trim again! The brand of this dress was "Crescent"  Sent this back: $18.99 (retail $71)
 I don't usually like Maxi dresses OR strapless ones.  It was WAY too long for me.  I sent this "Unbranded" dress back: $27.99 (retail $115)
 You guys know I love Lularoe - the Kimono was NEVER my favorite piece they have.  The style isn't me AT ALL, sent back: $19.99 (retail $40)
 These shorts fit great but I have a pair similar to them! "Boden" brand.  Sent back: $18.99 (retail $49)
 I didn't get this dress with my Goody Box - but it is a Thred Up purchased dress that arrived the same day as my box.  It's another Crown and Ivy dress - $14.99 (retail $48)
Here is a close up of what was sent to me.  I ended up keeping the C&I skirt, shorts and cardigan, and the LP shorts.  They take off my $10 shipping deposit from that total.  I will DEFINITELY be doing this again.  I might stop my Nadine West for a bit because they haven't nailed me in the last few boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment