About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, April 29, 2019

4th and FINAL dance competition of the season!!!

We traveled 4 hours to Savannah for this competition.  So sad that this season is over already!!
 Before we could leave I received my 10 years of service award from the Army.  So proud!  It's hard as a military spouse to keep a job that long.  THANKFUL for MWR as I was able to transfer from Fort Benning to Fort Hood and back to Fort Benning within the system.
 
SO EXCITED!  Now back in the car and we were off for our 4 hour drive to Savannah!
 Stopped at the gas station one last time before we actually hit the road!
 We shared a room with another family on our team and at breakfast the next morning I was surprised when Kennedie chose grits as apart of her breakfast.  I've never in my 15 years of being her mom seen her choose this...
 Took some supplies for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches later!

I totally failed this weekend in getting pictures!!!  I didn't get a picture of her in Miss America or Press Conference Rag costume one final time, it was at this point I realized I hadn't taken a picture - so here is them on the stage waiting for awards for production.
 She only had one dance on saturday so while there was a break in other dances for our team I took a walk near river street in downtown Savannah.  This is our 3rd time being in Savannah and this is the first time I'd ventured to the shops.  Savannah has alot of old town southern charm.
 LOOK WHAT I STUMBLED UPON!!! I was so excited.  I was able to get a shirt (in the clearance section of course!) and a cooler bag.
  Look at all that cuteness!!!! LOVE IT!!
 Sent this to my friends "like how you going to know there was a Lilly store a block away from the venue and not tell me!"
 Another break before another set of awards, some of the moms went to "Wet Willies" for "adult shushes"!!  Apparently at some point our group split in two and I inadvertently followed the group going to Victoria's Secret, so I texted one of my friends and asked if she would snag me a drink and meet me at the crosswalk between us.  The drink was SO COLD and they only had the small cocktail napkins.  So while I ducked into the Vineyard Vines store for a shirt I decided I wanted to buy that I saw earlier that day, I picked up this koozie for $5.
 So cute!!
Walking back to the venue - Savannah in this area is so pretty!
 When I realized that I didn't get ANY pictures of us that day!!!  #epicmomfail
 One of the dad's grilled some pork chops, sausage and steaks so while I was eating I sent Kennedie to the car to get me a water.  When we came out of the venue 45 minutes later to go back to the hotel I saw she left the back hatch open.  My heart dropped because ALL her costumes were in the back - like take my snacks and camping chairs but PLEASE don't take my costumes.  THANKFULLY everything was still there...SHE dodged a huge bullet with that mistake.
The next morning this was playing on Pandora on our drive into the venue.  We learned later it was totally a sign of how our day was going to go!
 Press conference rag practicing one last time.

 Before she went on ONE last time at competition for Hip Hop - THEY WORKED THAT STAGE YA'LL!!!!  

At the end of competition we received the honor of being the "ADCC Studio of Excellence Winner"  which means we were recognized for choreography, age appropriate music and costumes, overall courtesy to other studios and being AWESOME with our spirit in the crowd!!  

So proud of our studio and dance family for putting an epic end to a great season!! On to recital and until next season!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment