About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter 2019

We had a great Easter!! We celebrated with our work family!

 Started off our morning with Easter Baskets.
 Mason was really wondering what was going on, and where his treats were.
 She LOVES copic markers.
 Also since she is 15 and beyond the basket with toys she got the GOOD chocolate bunny and other treats she loves!
 He loves Beyblades and I found these mini beyblades blind packs!

 And full size beyblades!
Little transformer bot
 Time to start cooking for our party!  I made oven fried chicken - I found this recipe YEARS ago in a Bisquick cookbook and we make it A LOT!

 I also made "deviled" strawberries.  I made some with chocolate mousse...
and some with cheese cake!
 My festive outfit for the day.  I made my shirt and I bought these SO CUTE pants from JC Penney's the day before.  I'm tempted to go back and get the pink pair!
 Made me some really cute peep earrings!
Since my wedding ring isn't sized yet, I'm having fun matching my silicone rings to my outfit!
 Dinner time!
 Sides and desserts
 Main dishes.  We always have SO MUCH food!

 We had the kids make Easter bags for their hunt.
 The babies were first up on their hunt.  I bought some really cute farm animal shaped eggs for them.

 The big kid group helped set out eggs for the pre-k/preschool kids.

 Kennedie said she would rather help hide eggs than go searching this year.  She is helping hide the big kids group outside.
 Tim hiding some money eggs.
 We had so many eggs for these kids we were "bowling" them to scatter them!  At some point it wasn't worth hiding them because we were running out of room!
 Big Uncle was "hiding" the $10 silver egg in his pocket.  He was moving so it wasn't until real close to the end that a kid found it!
 He got a golden egg pretty quick and was checking to see what was inside, I told him to not worry about the money yet, grab the eggs!


 Moms helping the kids open eggs and then put them back together for use for next year!
 Cale's loot!
He found $7 worth of eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment