About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Monday, June 17, 2019

Fathers Day 2019

Decided Friday morning that we should go to Blue Springs for fathers day since it's my husbands favorite swimming hole.
 Saturday morning the trailer was packed and we were on our way around lunch time.

 It takes us about 30 minutes to park the trailer, get everything out of storage that needs to be, tie up the dog and pack the back of the truck with the cooler and swim bag.  We are getting efficient - the kids know their duties and get them done!

 We got to the water about 230 Alabama time - so we waited until about 430 to cook dinner.  Burgers and corn on the cob.
 I probably should have kept this area a little more organized...oops!



 I try to keep SOME of my camping food still keto friendly.  I had a "burger salad" as I like to call it.
 I haven't had corn on the cob in FOREVER - it was delicious!
 At Sam's I found these shelf stable waffles.  They come in individually wrapped packages.  You can either warm them up in a toaster or a microwave or eat them straight out of the package.  These will be great for Cale because he is a waffle MANIAC!!
 Tim icing his body!  I don't know how any of them get in the water - it's FREEZING!

 On actual fathers day.  We stayed in the water until around noon (got there at 8) there was hardly ANYONE there.  I told Tim we should come more often on the non holiday weekends because then it's not as crowded!!!


 This was at like 930 and there was only like 2 people in the water!
I hope everyone else had a GREAT time celebrating the fathers in your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment