About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

My baby turned TEN!!!

I feel as though Cale should be my sweet 5 year old kindergartner.  Yet last week he turned into a 10 year old fourth grader!!!  This was a non party year for him (if you missed it we do parties for our kids every other year) so he got to pick dinner and an activity for the day.  I took a half day and we "tried" to go to the movies.
 He was awake before I left for work so I got an early morning picture with the new 10 year old!!
 Cale's birthday happens to be National Donut Day.  So I bought a dozen to take home after work.  I apparently was holding it with my arm on the seat to keep it from moving a little too hard...oops
 What I posted on facebook.  A picture of every day he turned another year old! (plus two extra!)
I make my kids birthday hats every year.  He wanted a "fighting" hat this year.

 Opening presents.
 He got a new backpack.  A Georgia USA Wrestling backpack.
 His own echo dot for his room.  He likes to ask Alexa random questions - so this takes him out of the kitchen and into his own room and he can ask AS MANY questions as he wants, and listen to "Believer" by Imagine Dragons as MUCH as he wants!
 He loves knives and muti-tools.  I found this one that has a hatchet and hammer on it.  He loved it!
 This boy LIVES in converse.  He will wear one pair for an entire year (and only have one or two more pair he uses barely!) so I got him a new pair.
Two things my kid loves, creating things with cardboard and VR systems.  Ya'll the LABO system from Nintendo was PERFECT for him.  He had an AWESOME time creating with it.  I bought him another set because he enjoyed it so much.
 This was part of the LABO VR headset - we were cracking up looking at everyone!
Putting together his LABO.  It was awesome there was no paper instructions - the game cartridge that came with it had video instructions on it.
 I got a new door hangers from a local lady.  I can't wait for it to go back up in January!
 He wanted a red velvet cake for his cake this year.
 Take two of his birthday evening.  We purchased tickets to see Godzilla, but a HUGE storm we knew was going to blow in blew in harder than expected.  When we arrived at the theater the power was out and right inside the door was flooding.  The guy at the door turned us around and said they were closed probably for the entire night because he heard it was a transformer that blew.  He gave us 4 free passes and we hopped back in the car.  We were going to go to another theater that wasn't far and had another showing 10 minutes later but when we stopped a guy from getting him and his family out of their car he said he had JUST come from that other theater and it was also closed due to no power.
So Cale decided to go to the trampoline park instead.  This picture if from Saturday morning's Godzilla at the original theater with the reclining seats.
And I sure did pay $10 for Kennedie to take a nap during the movie.  Yup that's her there under her blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment