About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gas stove burners

This unfortunatly was what my gas burner grates looked like.  I HATE cleaning them because it litterally takes an hour to make ANY kind of decent headway on getting the gunk off.  I saw this tutorial on pintrest and it works!  Place 3 TBLS of ammonia (I got a HUGE jug at the dollar store) into a gallon size bag with the grate.  Let it sit over night for 12 hours.
 
In the morning I took the grate out of the bag and used the spray nozzle, from the sink, to get most of it off.  It litterally flaked off with the pressure of the hose.  The residue that was left I used a green scrubby pad and it mostly came off with one or two swipes of the pad.  Only a few spots were stubborn and required elbow grease, but it was about 1/4th of the elbow grease I used when I was just using soap, water and the green scrubby!
 
This is what 3 TBLS of ammonia after 12 hours looks like!
beautifully clean grate!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment