About Me

My photo
Rural, GA, United States
I'm an army wife, working mom of 2 kids.! My husband Tim is a Soldier In the army. I work for MWR for the Community Recreation Division as an admin assistant...I absolutely LOVE my job I couldn't have found anything better! My daughter, Kennedie, was born in January of 04 and our son, Cale, was born June of 09. Kennedie is VERY involved in dancing, she is in her 11th season (2019-2020) of being a competitive dancer. It's exhausting but we LOVE it. Cale is starting to REALLY get into sports. He is on a year round wrestling team, and he plays baseball in the spring! This blog started out as a recipe sharing venture but now it's going to turn into a more "granola" way to live. Cheap recipes more homemade recipes and re-purposing things. I'm a crafter at heart so I'm going to throw some of that in there too! On Valentines Day of 2017 we bought our first Travel Trailer. I'll be documenting our travels also on this blog!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dollar tree Collage Wall

I used to have my childrens art displayed in our Georgia home in our Computer/Kid TV room.  I LOVED it there.  Totally brighted up the space and made it theirs.  I didn't have alot of extra wall space to put them in our Texas home.  So they sat in a closet until recently - waiting to be put back up.
(Sorry these pictures are so HORRIBLE. By lighting in my house is not that great and I worried that the flash on my phone would bounce off the frames and make it so you couldn't tell what i was taking a picture of.)  I found that Dollar Tree had plain flat fronted frames.  I bought 5 to begin with to see if I even liked where I was imagining putting them.

I LOVED how they looked.  I went out the next day to buy more.  My daughter has two great 11x17 peices that HAD to be on the wall - so I had to go and buy 2 frames from Hobby Lobby that were normally $14.99 but I hit them on the right day and they were 50% off.  I didn't feel so bad paying for them.  I hung them up with the 3M picture hanging velcro like removable tabs that I LOVE so much.  I definetly wouldn't have gotten them as straight as I did and as even as I did without them.


No comments:

Post a Comment